Not open for further replies.

22pepperjack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, so I've been messing around with the soundtracks for my game and i keep noticing one small detail. when a new BGM is played it immediately starts the song at the designated volume. this is kind of obnoxious when i play songs that have a sudden start. is their a way to fade IN the bgm? (sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm pretty sure i got it right this time.) thanks in advance. i know its a stupid question, but i honstly can't find the answer.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no Fade-in BGM or BGS command. I don't know if it could be done via scripting, as the Audio class has fade-out commands, but not fade-in commands.

22pepperjack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah i keep noticing that its only fade out. so i was wondering if it could be done in game, or through scripts. but as you confirmed not possible in game. i wonder if there is a script for it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am also searching for a way to do this.

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sadly if you want a fade in, youll have to edit the actual audio file and put a fade-in yourself.

22pepperjack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm... idea... ill have to test it... but would making a series of events that increase the volume of the audio work? say starts at volume 20. then half a second later switches to volume 30 and so on until the desired volume is reached. feel free to test this as is will probably occur before im able to test it myself. or heck, throw a spin on it and expirament. anywyas, ill test it about a day and a half from now. c'ya!

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sadly if you want a fade in, youll have to edit the actual audio file and put a fade-in yourself.
No, you can write a script for it, just like there's a script for fading out. You can't see the script, but it's programmed to do that, so it definitely can be done that it fades in.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, so I've been messing around with the soundtracks for my game and i keep noticing one small detail. when a new BGM is played it immediately starts the song at the designated volume. this is kind of obnoxious when i play songs that have a sudden start. is their a way to fade IN the bgm? (sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm pretty sure i got it right this time.) thanks in advance. i know its a stupid question, but i honstly can't find the answer.
I have a made script for you. Well actually I just added on to my timer script. :)

Hmm... idea... ill have to test it... but would making a series of events that increase the volume of the audio work? say starts at volume 20. then half a second later switches to volume 30 and so on until the desired volume is reached. feel free to test this as is will probably occur before im able to test it myself. or heck, throw a spin on it and expirament. anywyas, ill test it about a day and a half from now. c'ya!
Thanks for the idea, I basically turned it into a script. ;)

yeah i keep noticing that its only fade out. so i was wondering if it could be done in game, or through scripts. but as you confirmed not possible in game. i wonder if there is a script for it.
There is now. See Demo Below  BD

There is no Fade-in BGM or BGS command. I don't know if it could be done via scripting, as the Audio class has fade-out commands, but not fade-in commands.
I have scripted something to accomplish this. See Demo Below. :rock-right:

I am also searching for a way to do this.
See my demo below. :)

I have scripted something that takes care of this problem. See Demo Below. :p

you can write a script for it, just like there's a script for fading out. You can't see the script, but it's programmed to do that, so it definitely can be done that it fades in.
Yes indeed it sure can be scripted... Demo Below. :cutesmile:

CT_Timer with Audio v2.5 Demo: Click Here

I will clean up the code to be more user-friendly soon.  ;)

Please direct any feedback/requests/comments regarding that script to this thread.

I still encourage more people to attempt and solve this problem & would like to know any other ways this can be achieved.

I'm sure there are more knowledgeable scripters that might have a simpler solution.

PS. I will also try to work on a script that will be completely separate from CT_Timer, that way you won't have to have a timer started to fade-in the audio.

Last edited by a moderator:

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I found a trick for fade-in. Create a tiny silent ME and put it just before the BGM, the music will fade-in. The only problem with that is that you can't change the fade-in speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Osoni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One simple way to get a fade-in effect is to use BGM Save and BGM Replay.

>Save BGM

>Fadeout BGM: 2 sec. (or however long you want)

>put your other eventing stuff here

>Replay BGM (when you want the music to fade back in)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Osoni, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?
My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasciturus