Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Solved.

The problem was not with the fade from or to black.

I had a conditional statement like
if( x > 1000){SceneManager.goto(Scene_YYYY)}
that was not within the
if (!this.isBusy()) {
}
block.

I guess next time I should provide the entire code, although I didn't think anyone would read through 300-1500 lines.
Took me some time to find this, only did by reducing the working and non working Scenes down to a barebone construct and repeatedly trying if they still worked or not, guess thats one way to improve.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I figured it's possible to fade in a scene from black by adding this.startFadeIn(...); as the last command of of the start method after initializing some sprites so they'll appear as the black sprite fades:
Scene_XXXXX.prototype.start = function() {

this.startFadeIn(this.fadeSpeed(), false);
}

However, I am not sure about about fading out.
I tried adding the following:
Scene_XXXXX.prototype.stop = function() {
Scene_Base.prototype.stop.call(this);
this.startFadeOut(this.fadeSpeed(), false);
};
and it seems to work for some custom Scenes, but not for others.
It seems to somehow break the SceneManager.goto(Scene_YYYYY) or the terminate, or something else, though no idea what, I only know that it no longer transitions to the next Scene, if I comment the stop() out everything works fine again.

So, once again, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sedenho93