Dhaundre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi There!

I'm trying to make my intro a little more proffesiona,l and I don't like the way the text pops up.

Is there any way (script or not) to make the text (text box, transparent) appear gradually? 

Thanks in advance!

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not use scrolling text event command? or fade the screen out, change the message and fade it back in.

Dhaundre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Why not use scrolling text event command? or fade the screen out, change the message and fade it back in.
Thanks for answering!

I'm not using scrolling text because I have to wait for the text to get to the top of the screen and I want to be on the screen like 3 seconds, not until it disappears. 

For example my text is:

"Nâgo was a mage"

and I want it to be on the screen 3 seconds because it goes well with the music and then I want to switch to another map and place another text

If I do this with scrolling text (And i dont want to increase the scrolling speed because is too fast) it lasts for 10 seconds with speed 1. So it's not the solution i'm searching for.

And on the other hand, I tried to make the following: (My game is in spanish so I hope you understand what i'm trying to say ;) )

[Event 1 (text event)] Automatic Event

@>Fade Out Screen

@>wait: 60 frames

@>Switch: FadeIN ON

@>Switch: FadeOUT ON

@>Text: "blablabla \|\|\|^"

[Event 2 (Fading Event)] Parallel Event

-If Switch FadeIN ON

@>wait: 120 frames

@>Fade In Screen

[Event 3 (Fading Event 2)] Parallel Event

-If Switch FadeOUT ON

@>wait: 300 frames

@>Fade Out Screen

I think the text is OVER the fade effect.

Hope this is understandable.

Thanks again :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Use Show picture command beginning at opacity zero, and use several Change opacity commands with just a few frames wait between them to bring it up to 255 opacity.  Reverse the process to fade out.  Alternatively, there is Iavra's Animate Everything script (sorry don't have link to hand) which would do it very smoothly for you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, there are scripts that can do that - it has to be done by scripts however, it can't be done by events.

I remember reading a script description where the message box was scrolled in in different ways, but unfortunately I haven't found that script when checking just now.

For other effects (especially visible effects) Yanfly and Galv have a lot such scripts, search for them on the master script list or on their blogs. You can find a link to the MSL in my starting point tutorial, link in my signature.

Another option would be Modern Algebra's ATS series: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44525.0.html

Dhaundre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
That script sounds amazing but the installation is driving me crazy :D

I have like 3 weeks of RPG Maker in my back xD

Although I have like 30 scripts functioning perfect in my game, I really don't know how to install this properly xD

I'll go to the script thread and cry for help there, but if anyone has a mini super clear tutorial or a demo with this, I'll love this until the end of times xD

Thanks all for the references and quick answers :)

Dhaundre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Scripts always require some knowledge if they go beyond simplest effects.

But perhaps this helps:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40589-how-to-use-a-script/
Yep, thanks a lot, I always read the config and study what I use. I'm trying to learn but some things are easier than others ^^

This one tells me to place it under the class of the object I want to animate and this is a little hard for me.

I've read it over and over but it seems like chinese to me xD

Also tried the way I thought it may work but it crashes :)

Finally I've asked the creator for help because this is the first script that I can't set up correctly.

Thanks for all the help Andar!

I'll reply this post again when I have a final solution.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40801-iavra-animate-everything/#entry417940

Dhaundre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I have given you some info in that other thread.
Thanks ^^ It's working, the fading is beautiful, but the text is over my black picture :(

I don't know it text boxes are over everything or what, but it works with everything but text :(

I'll keep trying, but thanks a lot for your detailed help in the other thread :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If there is not a lot of text that you are doing this way, then make pictures of the text.  Have a blank map, so that the background is black and fade the text in and out as a show picture plus Iavra's script call.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since you seem to want the text to last for only a few seconds, I do suggest just making them as pictures and manipulate them using change opavity commands

Dhaundre

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
If there is not a lot of text that you are doing this way, then make pictures of the text.  Have a blank map, so that the background is black and fade the text in and out as a show picture plus Iavra's script call.

Since you seem to want the text to last for only a few seconds, I do suggest just making them as pictures and manipulate them using change opavity commands
I'll do just that,

Thank you all :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png
Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtroMage