Fade in screen while opening map without player character movement...

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know Hakuen Studios has a plugin for common events while closing the menu, but I want to fade the screen in before opening the map?

I know that Button Common Events from the same creator can call for an event upon opening the menu if you code a Common Event to do so, but even if I add a fade in, the character can still walk a little bit while the menu is opening up.

Sounds like I'm asking for two possible solutions, but basically I need to stop the player's movement as I'm calling for the menu.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I feel like a fool now @KawaiiKid. Never thought of that since I was just using the wait command that came with the screen tinting. Thanks. That solved the issue!

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if this will be a common occurrence in the game, try setting it as "cinematic mode" by using switches.
basically, "when in cinematic as directed by this switch, hold player movement, and when not in cinematic as directed by this switch, restore player movement"
that act of going in and out of mode can be handled by a common event: you order the passing into cinematic mode, and you order the passing out of cinematic mode, with all the locking and unlocking that you need being contained within that event.
that way you don't have to go through the cinematic (if that's the case here) putting things on and off.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So how would I hold player movement since that's kind of something I could use in the future?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
depends on how and why you'd want to do that, but as a rule of thumb, as long as the engine is busy with something else, it won't let you move.
so, you keep the engine busy by keeping it ticking within an event.

drawing a dialogue is one example: it won't restore movement until it's ticked out of that window, either by an OK from the player, or the dialogue reaching it's end and automatically dismissing itself.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_5.png added!
index.php

Rendering the intro for the 4 time today, everytime it finished I noticed something that I found off and had to fix it and render it all over again...
Would not be so bad if it was not for my PC having the speed of a slug.:kaoswt2:
Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubblesloli