skottie

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've attempted to use the Fade BGM event in a script, in a parallel process, both as the map music and as music started in a script, and regardless of what the fade time is (1 second or 100 seconds) it seems all it does is wait the number of seconds, then stop the music.

There doesn't seem to be any fade, it waits.... then stops. What am I doing wrong?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Show us the screenshot of the event. Take note that a parallel process loops by default so you might actually be calling the fade over and over again. It might be that the internal timer for the BGM stop is running continuously but running the call for setting the fade could be setting the volume to normal again everytime that it's called.

Try changing it to autorun then add an erase event call at the end and see if that fixes the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

skottie

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I start the music with Play BGM. When I'm ready, I flip a switch.

Another event that requires that switch is a a parallel process where I call Fade BGM, wait the proper number of frames as a Wait command after that, and then set a self flag to a blank event page, disabling the parallel process.

I tried uploading to Imgur, but it said I couldn't show that here. 

The music stops after the Fade Out BGM # of seconds provided, but no fade is occuring. I've modified the pitch of the song when calling Play BGM.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We need to see the event itself... If you use imgur, get the image url not the url to the page that has the image...

skottie

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The second page is blank and requires the action button. Another event sets "Old Man Done" to true. After 10 seconds, the music will stop. No fading occurs.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J94HnjJ.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

skottie

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I will note the second page on the screenshot does require the self switch A to be on.

skottie

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Can anyone relate to my problem? I'm stuck wondering why Fade Out BGM doesn't work.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are double posting AND bumping.  Double posting is against the rules here (posting straight after yourself - if you need to add more information, edit your last post), and bumping is only allows 72 hours after your last post.  Please be more patient. Every page has a link to the forum rules in the lower right corner.  Please get to know them.

Just put the fadeout BGM command on the event that turns on the Old Man Done switch.  You don't have to have it in a separate parallel process.  Your problem probably is the combination of the parallel process and the wait command.

♥SOURCE♥

Too sexy for your party.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Check the volume the BGM is playing before calling the fade command. The lower the volume, the less values it has to interpolate. You want more interpolation.

For example, if the BGM is playing at "10" volume, the fade out will change the volume from 10 to 0, and the difference from 0 to 1 is quite notorious, if you change the volume to 100, it will result in a smoother volume change.

skottie

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Too sexy you nailed it. I figured this out while debugging, but indeed it is the starting volume. The music was playing very faintly and if 0 - 10 is a bad jump, then this is certainly what caused it. When I raised the volume to 100, the fade was much more noticeable. There was still a "chop" at the end, where the music ended abruptly, but it was less distracting and lends credence to the theory that the last bit of range when fading is not very dynamic.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it an mp3 or ogg file?  I don't know if the file type matters in this case, but I do know mp3 causes issues with looping and are bigger, so are usually avoided.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.
Let's hope power remains on for the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oiram19