MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been taking a look at the Script Call Collection topic and have noticed something about the sound script calls: BGM, BGS, and ME have fade-out script calls but SE does not. 

While SEs are usually only a second or two long, there should be cases where they last longer than that and may require a fade-out instead of an instant stop. For example, a flesh-tearing sound effect could last more than one or two second, but the player moves past that scene before the SFX finishes. Suddenly stopping the effect can be a bit... uncomfortable. 

So, yeah. I was wondering if someone can make a script for SE fade-out (and fade-in too, if it's possible) since it could be of use in cases.

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since I don't think there's much to add: Bump.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Can't you use the sound as a BGS or ME instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But what if the sound effect is meant to play with the BGM? ME will pause the BGM until the ME is finished and that will make a scene where it's involved end up weird. BGS will keep on looping even if you are finished with it's use even if it was intended for only one play. Basically, ME and BGS won't do since it either replaces the BGM until it's done or keep on looping even if you want it to finish already. Also in BGS, what if the case is you already have a BGS playing and you need to play a SE? I think SE needs to be it's own, just that it also needs the fading effect like the others, no matter the usual lengths of SEs exist. There are instances where SEs are longer than usual and needs to be stopped at a point. A sudden stop just doesn't go too well.

Last edited by a moderator:

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks promising. I'll check if it works well for my use. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxsampahxx