frhghz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi,
sort question, I#ve got this weird idea of an map fading out and be replaced with an similar map underneat, which is under the fading map.
Technically the second map could also fade in.
Does somebody know a way to make this with events possible or do I need a parralax?
If so, how can I achieve this.
Thanks in advance.

~ frhghz

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am not sure I got what you mean. Are you talking of a single portion of your map? Is it an event or is it made of tiles? Could you give more details (and possibly provide a few screenshots) about this?

frhghz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Actually I meant the whole map, with tiles and events.
What I planned was for an livey town on the first map to fade out/ fade over to an abandoned ruin.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
then you can just use a different map and transfer the player to the new map.

frhghz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I already thought about it, but the event transfer ist an instant transport, I'm looking for an gradual transfer....
Do you have an idea how I could realize this kind of transfer???

Edit: I mean that you already see the ruins while there are still parts the lively visible.

Last edited:

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Freeze your graphics and perform a transition once your transfer event ends.

Add a script call at the beginning of your event (the one you use for your transfer) and add this:
Code:
Graphics.freeze
Then put your transfer command and after that add another script call using this:
Code:
Graphics.transition(duration)
Change "duration" with the number of frames you want to use for your transition. You can even specify a file for that transition. For more informations about this you can press F1 in your RPG Maker VX Ace then go on "Index" and select "Graphics". If you scroll down to "Graphics.transition" you will be able to see everything you need.

frhghz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
THANKS A LOT.:kaothx:
This is exactly the effect I envisaged for the conclusion of my quest line.:kaoluv:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jekken