Fail DooDads

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Mrs_Allykat, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sharing some doodads (for yanfly's plugin). I made these from the MV RTP, so if you use them - you must own a copy of RPGMaker MV. All credit for the items below belong to Kadakowa and Degica. I need no credit, as anyone could have done this. The edits could be worked into tiles, but I did this with Yanfly's doodad's in mind, so make sure to credit Yanfly as well.

First up, we are missing a "top" to the rope "ladder" in the RTP. I've done a simple edit (franken-resource) of the rope, the grave cross, and the road sign of the RTP to produce a doodad to put at the top of the rope ladder. This will allow a visual continuation to the level your players are trying to climb to.

rope-top.png

Next, is the four corners of the pebble borders. I use these at the top of the dirt stairs on maps, and every now and again at the bottom of stairs. Again, this is a simple edit that anyone could do; I'm not even a pretend artist.

Bottom-L.png Bottom-R.png Top-L.png Top-R.png

A Door-Sign I modded from the RTP as a doodad.
    Doorsign_small.png

Shadows
    cube.png leftlower.png leftupper.png rightlower.png rightupper.png roundedbottomleft.png roundedbottomright.png roundedupperleft.png roundedupperright.png

---------------------------------------- GENE Chibi-Emotes -----------------------------------------------

These, I made, because I couldn't find any! Wait. You don't know what I mean? The GENE tool has some great animation controls allowing us great freedom to use different pictures as an indicator of action, emotion, or reaction. So, I went looking for comic-bubbles for use in my game. I didn't find anything that had both an author I could pinpoint AND a TOS that made sense.

Instructions:
    • GENE: Copy the images into your projects pictures directory.
    • Other: I made an effort to keep the bubble emote remakes at 96px wide, so you could add them to an animation sheet or tile-sheet. However, you're kind of on your own here. The word comic bubbles, errr, not so much.
    Terms:
    Free to use, even commercially. If you feel like crediting, then it's Mrs_Allykat. If you don't feel like it... Well... You know what? They're word bubbles. I don't really need credit. The only thing I really insist upon is that they be used in a "Maker" project, and associated advertisement material.

Bubble-Kapow.png
    Bubble-Blush.png Bubble-Boom.png Bubble-Heart.png Bubble-Musical.png Bubble-Question.png Bubble-Snooze.png Bubble-Surprised.png Bubble-Sweat.png Bubble-Whack.png Bubble-Zoom.png Bubble-Pow.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Was working on another map, and noticed there was no default RTP doodads for one of the bridge types. It was one I needed for for the map anyway, so I brought back out the scissors..

A-Wood Bridge Bottom.png A-Wood Bridge Middle.png A-Wood Bridge Top.png

I almost forgot, RTP rope without the knot at the end:
    Rope A No Ends.png

Per always, requires RPGMaker MV, credit to Kadokawa, and I don't need any credits. (really simple edits)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Starfeild Background Image
    It's not a doodad, but a background I made as part of another project. If there is interest, I may do a few more and move to a more appropriate thread.

TOS
    Free to use in any "Maker" project, even if it's commercial. Credit Mrs_Allykat , and please don't redistribute as a separate file. Also, you're allowed to edit it as required for your project.

starfield.png

And, might as well add a planet as well. One planet in a colorful red nebula!
    PlanetInRedNebula.png
    Sun.png

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Mrs_Allykat Well we will have those spacelympics soon with @Guiguimu if it continues XD

PS I love blue in there!

Mrs_Allykat likes this.
  5. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can do multi-colored starfields too, I just hadn't made any in a while :p

Marquise* likes this.
  6. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That rope end and the door sign really do fix two things that have been bugging me about my project, these are some really inventive solutions and I'm glad that you took the time to solve them.

7. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KRS thank you. The missing rope ladder thing kind of bugged me. I'm glad someone else found the top useful :)

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Woooooaaaah this one red is deep! o_O

9. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aye! She's an unstable world! Oh!! I added some Chibi-Emotes for use with the GENE tool. Mainly because I needed some, and I couldn't find any. So, I shared :)

Note: I'll do a round without the "bubble" when I can get around to it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  10. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It bugged me that we didn't have an animated version of the doors from the free add-on "Magic and SF," so I edited up my own rendition. I believe this is free for all MV users, but I'm also pretty sure that you must own RPGMaker MV. If it is made available for other versions by Kadakowa (speeelings) or Degica, then fine - but, as far as I'm aware, this one would only be allowed with MV. (PS: credit Kadakowa, again, not me - I only edited!)

!$Magic_and_SF_Door.png

11. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mrs_Allykat Nice stuff.

I might use one or two of your space backdrops, May I ask how you made them? Also might point out that the nebula one has a visible clipping on the right side. Might want to smooth that out :)

12. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Nicely done. I like the feel of texture to the eyes.

13. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another space backdrop... And our dear Panda friend, this one is fixed to allow for better edges for wraps.

TOS: Free for use, even commercially, credit mrs_allykat please, even if I just fudged numbers from a couple of tutorials :p
    blue-galaxy.png

14. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Woooooooo.... I love it and you know what I love to do XD

Mrs_Allykat likes this.
  15. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Darn it! I had to use tiles from set 'C' on the floor again. Ugh. Shadows don't work there. That just won't DO without DOODADS! Time to put up more Doodads for Yanfly's Doodads!

Yes, you, your sister, and your parents could draw these. They're original, well as original as a shadow triangle, square, or curved corner can be. Still, I don't feel like making 100 different terms of use statements, so still only for RPGMaker and still credit Mrs_Allykat please.
    cube.png leftlower.png leftupper.png rightlower.png rightupper.png roundedbottomleft.png roundedbottomright.png roundedupperleft.png roundedupperright.png

And, Zip format is attached.

Attached Files:

16. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another background, with and without a planet. As normal, free to use in the makers commercial or otherwise. Please credit Mrs_Allykat if you use them.
    Nebula.png Nebula-w-Planet.png

(Note: I used a different method to make the nebulae this time, the idea being that it could be darkened further without creating a bright spot.)

Marquise* and MMMm like this.
  17. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Seems a repeat. ^^ Nice and different. Kinda also cute as standalone art too ^^
    I would had loved those two in my bedroom when I was a kid and not yet painting. ^^

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  18. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you :) Even if they're never used, it lets me work out some frustration in a creative way at least.

19. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I can read the emotions and feelings out of these. Do not loose your inner light please. Also, it ache me too when I must bottle up or box away my creativity. Hope it'll warms up there and helps burgeon all those stars and planets soon. ^^