NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm...I can't plan out work. Otherwise my work seems more forced. I need to start with a goal in mind, then see where my mind goes.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
no dialogue? jesus two miss topics in a row. dialogue is the thing people need most to improve on
I disagree. A lot of people complain about too much dialogue in games. Here's how to fix that predicament, either you make the dialogue interesting or rely on ACTIONS. Which is what this prompt encourages. Critical thinking on how to create scenes without any talking/dialogue involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmych

forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
I disagree. A lot of people complain about too much dialogue in games. Here's how to fix that predicament, either you make the dialogue interesting or rely on ACTIONS. Which is what this prompt encourages. Critical thinking on how to create scenes without any talking/dialogue involved.
Agreed on the disagree!  While dialogue is a thing people need to work on, the base problem (at least, in my observations) is the lack of characterization and feeling.  And, man, how better to challenge a writer to work on their feelingswriting by removing dialogue?  You gotta SHOW how the characters are feeling that way, rather than relying on what they do and don't say.

Chibi Kyo

The curiously damned..
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
alright so ill probably have to edit this because I am not sure exactly what you mean by dialog. Like not talking to other people right? does that count more of talking to your self?  I am and always have been horrible at understanding English. (yes this happens to be my native language….) more of a math person... but I do like to think... and thusly my thinking sometimes comes out in blurbs... so tell me what prompts I need to change and ill re-wright what I have. hope this count... I don’t know though... babbling again.

-kyo's 1st try! woot!

(ps: it stops at promt 4 i didnt wana write to much and have to change everything lol)

2/8/2013 prompt 7 done (over 1500 words too woot) ...felt like it.. plus this has been in my head now so felt good to get it out.

Prompt: 01 - Single File

As we all move towards a single room

Breath frozen in the air

Arms touching but never holding

We shiver and collide

Groaning and moaning

There is no sound

Movement is all around

As we slowly shuffle

Towards that single room

Upon reaching the doorway we stare

As no one dares to move

When do you know to shuffle?

To get past all this doom

In the end it’s all you know

Do you stay or do you go

to the other side of the room

Prompt: 02- Left Behind

My mother is here at my apartment... she is crying? My sister is heaving holding me in an embrace like a bear. I feel numb. She sobs into my head. What was that? What did she say...?

No.

This isn’t how it was suppose to be... Why... Where did you go. You promised me dammit!!! I hate you. Why did you leave me here? Where did you go I just talked to you yesterday?

Father...

Why did you have to die?

Prompt: 03- Desperation

Sometimes I despise these thoughts of mine. they hurt to damn much. in the end it does it really matter? what do they think when they look upon us. what do they say about us? how are we supposed to act at this gathering of people wearing black?

how am I to feel? I wear this dress made of shadows. I paint my face lacking in sprit. for the first time I look down on you. you are so much smaller then me it’s laughable.

am I supposed to cry now that your body is being lowered into the ground? How about now when the dirt is moving over you. when the people come and go with an I’m sorry, he was a good man.

am I heartless?
Prompt: 04- Considerate Love

you take care of me... you know that. I have never felt this way before. when I am hungry you offer me food.

when I am cold you hold me close giving me the warmth of your body. when you smile it makes me smile. woman how could you do this?

how do you know when I have had a bad day... i said nothing.

when did you learn of my favorite smells my face is bland.

are these skull bed sheets that we share now they are very comfortable... and chibi.

there is a pot of coffee when I wake up and a kiss before I sleep.

when we walk you let me walk on the side with the cars. when we talk your eyes look into mine. you handle my family very well; my sister is a little off.

there is always an itchy spot that you seem to scratch on my back.
Prompt: 05- Under the Mistletoe

Prompt: 06- Where the Heart Lay

Prompt: 07- Been Here Forever

The shouting is penetrating. There are body’s constantly moving fighting franticly trying to shift the tide of battle. As the men gather in a circle around the main hall where most of the children are held with the elders, the women try a confusion tactic hiding in the shadows slashing with short knives at arms and backs and legs of the invaders. Some of the women have climbed onto the roof tops sniping at the strange looking invaders. A table is set at the entrance to the main hall laid on its side blocking the only entrance or exit to the place. Spears defend what opening there is by the children who are too young to join the adults and tasked with the elders to protect the babies, pregnant, and infirm.

When the fire comes, all hell breaks lose. Laughing dirty starved faces of the invaders throw a flaming cloth in a clay jar filled with a tar like substances in abandoned house and women are beginning to be captured. The men have separated into two groups, those who stay and protect the main house, and those who go after the women. Blood is making the well worn dirt paths tricky to navigate and the fight seems hopeless.

A single child hides behind the main house, tears and snot running downs her face as she hacks franticly at the hard bamboo and adobe structure trying to penetrate the back wall. Her tiny hands shake as she lifts the adult sized hatchet above her head. She does this so that the others could escape and the men would stop defending the building. She felt that this was an idiotic set up in the first place and said so to her prideful father many times before. Being not only an adult male, but the leader of the once nomadic tribe her father would only scowl at his only daughter and turn away from her in disgust. Her mother so in love with her bed mate would slap the child’s face for saying anything.

Tears chocked the child as she continued in an endless lifting and falling motions. Nothing in this day had seemed like it would get any better. She woke up cold and hungry for the hunters had failed to bring any game in the day before, and being winter it was unsurprising. Yet as it was custom in her tribe the hunters ate what meat and berries they had left. Sharing only with respected mates if they so chose. The children where left with bread and water and if they so much as peeped about the injustice of it, swollen bottoms from the beatings would shut them up quickly. After a breakfast of water the children began there tasks for the day. Unlike the other children of the village she was not allowed to play once the water and wood was gathered. Sword practice was drilled endlessly into her mind and body. She was with the older boys in the morning and with her father during the days... She was to be leader and to be leader she must become warrior so that without thought she could preform the complex dances that where passed down from warrior to warrior, man to boy and father to son.

Her father followed a lot of the old laws set by his father and the fathers before that. Yet as it was he was father to only one child in the village, and that happened to be her. Her parents where trying for another child right after she was born yet a turf war with the same clan of invaders years before took his ability to produce more offspring. With his only child be female he decided that she was to be groomed in the ways of the leaders as was demanded by there laws. He cared nothing of sex only that she was his child and as such that it was his responsibility to pass on his knowledge. Being female at first was a thing most of the other male clan mates despised and rebelled against the idea. Assignation attempts on both the child and father followed and where ended just as quickly. For the child was quick in the way of the warrior, and intelligent in the way of the leader, and too many men where dyeing by her fathers hands to keep control of the situation.

The screams where becoming louder. The smoke was closer. Blood from blisters and pain only made the frantic child hack harder at stubborn wall. The sound finally alerted someone from inside and she could her frantic shouting and shuffling. Her voice chocked with smoke and hard work could say nothing to relieve the fears of her pack mates all she could do was work faster... maybe she could reach them.. Maybe she could save them. Scraping sounds now came from the weakening structure as she hoped it would. Her friends where now digging against the spot she was. Holes begin appearing in the side of the structure from spear tips and she could see faces and tear stained eyes crazed with fear.

And then she saw the smoke and the fire behind them. Someone had thrown a fire flask into the opening and they where desperately trying to get out. A small hole, large enough for an arm appeared and spears where pitted on the sides trying to use the hole as a brace to break off more. Her heart started to beat in a wild frantic way as the hole was large enough for a small child to squeeze threw. A baby was handed to her by one of the teenage boys and she gently placed it behind her and grabbed the shoulders of the small boy that was being shoved threw the hole. Here was her cousin of only two years in age crying and screaming in a frantic way. When he saw who had grabbed him his arms came around the girl in a vice like grip and she allowed him to do so. More attempts to make the whole bigger and another child, this one her own age was threw the hole. Two more ranging in age and a small elderly lady, who when seeing the baby lying on the ground immediately picked it up and scowled at the girl child who helped her threw. Finally the few teens badly burn and coughing came threw and with spear in hands decided on what to do next. Being the twins of the tribe no worlds where spoken the tallest turned to the group and pointed to the trees and they began to run.

The second twin turned on heals and was off running to the other side. He was to let the men know that they saved who they could and he was to join in the fighting. With bloody hands and a determination she knew not of, the girl attched the crying child that was holding onto  to one of the other children, and ran after the shorter twin intending to fight with the men and women of her village. What she saw upon reaching the other side of the main building was hell.

All the houses around the main square where on fire. The men and women who had been defending the building where laying on the ground in lifeless ways. She saw white eyes and screaming faces as she slowly walked to the center bodys tagngled with limbs, gore everywhere like someone had taken knifes to there skin and feasted. She heard the fighting to the east but couldn’t move. Her mother lay in the center. You could tell that she went down fighting for there where gashes in her legs, on her arms and breast, her stomach and intestines where laid across the ground infront of her. With her arm outstretched it looked as if she was reaching for the main hall. The girl’s heart tightens because she knew her mother thought she was in the building and was trying to save her.

She didn’t know how long she stood there until something brought her back. It had grown quiet the only sounds where the burning buildings. A shuffling behind her reminded her that she was not alone and was still in danger. Turning she saw the face of a creature that was not her own. With a sickly olive tint to this creatures face, his almost lucid eyes of blue and smile of emptiness. It was a predatory face set in a depression of the skull. A thin red tong was shown as the beast gargled a strange southing out from within it. His giant arm raised and she saw a sword like nothing she had known before. Her own soul seemed to pulsate with the blade as if it was singing to her. Her body seemed to freeze and deep inside her own soul was trying to rip from her being and escape that sound. As the thing brought the sword down and upon her she did not expect to dodge the blade, but her body moved without her mind and her dance lessons soon because basic survival. Yet her body was tired for the lack of nourishment and the stress had finally caught up to her. Other creatures where starting to approach them there swords just bits of metal forged together. This things blade was dangerous. Blackness started to form around her vision and she struggled with the darkness that threated to overwhelm her. The last thing she saw was a flash of steel blocking the path of demonic sword, her father’s strong and secure back and then the tip of that sword with blood on it, singing out its triumphant cry.
Prompt: 08- Over the Moon

Prompt: 09- Words Unspoken

Prompt: 10- Loss

Prompt: 11- In the Middle of Never

Prompt: 12- Standing Tall

Prompt: 13- Just Another Step

Prompt: 14- Killings

Prompt: 15- A Warriors Hope

Prompt: 16- The Always

Prompt: 17- End of Daylight

Prompt: 18- Even Demons Love

Prompt: 19- Stalwart

Prompt: 20- Kindness in Unexpected Places

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is the next Ideas in Ink coming soon?

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Today, some time. Every 10th is when it updates~

(In other words, you have until I make the new thread to finish up in this one.)

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, okay. (totally wasted post)

Woodtec1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm going to throw my hat into this ring. or more than likely try to as I have no Idea as to add the (spoiler)tag. 

Prompt: 01

I remember when we used to wander together. We often where lost due to our habit of following each other. When we were together I never had a care in the world all that mattered to me was you. Not your failings or your slighted skill but you. You would always help me with anything that I needed without question.
Prompt: 02

I had thought that I had left behind my burden, my destiny, but then I left upon an ominous feeling with a powerful stranger. Leaving behind what I had considered my long lasting burden, as I feared that you could never accept the true me. For my lies had never been questioned. My true fear as rejection’s curse was always with me.
Prompt: 03

As I traveled without you I surrounded myself with his burdens. His daughter was taken from him by force and a god’s wrath would have been tamer as untold numbers fall to his blade. Along the way I hear of your desperation to find me had given way to a new strength as you now blaze your own path. A path now made without me.
Prompt: 04

A new feeling washes over me, the feeling of losing you and your slow considerate love. I had never considered you to have a will strong enough to walk on your own. I fear that I have been holding you back from what you could do for us all. Or was it I that was doing the following? My heart flutters with a strange forbidden feeling, a feeling that I had been denying myself for a long time.
Prompt: 05 Suggestive themes

My mind wonders back to that time that I had pushed you under the mistletoe. I had thought that with us both in the same pool that we might partake in each other. No matter how hard that I might play with you obstinately refuse to return my affection. I then stole a kiss, a kiss that earned your embrace but nothing more. At the time I had thought you as stubborn as a child but now in hindsight I see that I was the child pushing for what I wanted with no concern for you.
Prompt: 06

I was afraid, afraid that my reason for leaving you was over petty greed and not for your betterment, That my jealousy over you opening up to the other travelers and not to me, The truth of my deceit was the lies to myself, My ultimate inability to see where the heart lay for the both of us, and now my mistake was leaving you and now time has passed enough that I thought that you might have moved on and found a new love that wasn’t me.
Prompt: 07

I then found your sword. In a Smithy as if it had been here forever. I took it and found my fear manifest as another was looking for you, her accusations about me where accurate and cut to the bone. I had broken your heart, as I had believed that you had broken mine. She challenged me for the right to own your sword as the monster that I had become did not deserve the right to hold such a hollowed weapon. Her defeat was sudden and she revealed to me what she believed to be your ultimate fate, your death saving another.
Prompt: 08

I refused to believe that the man from over the moon could die in such a trivial manor. I walked your path, meeting the people that you saved along the way, and in udder disbelief of your changes. After a while I believed that I had wondered into the path of another for the man I knew could never make choices like this. In my despair I went to the place we first met. I thought I found you along the way. But something was wrong. You acted as you did before.
Prompt: 09

When we returned to where we first met I was surprised when you tried to kill me. My reckoning was at hand when a wolf spirited me away. The wolf was confused at the reason I was about to sing my requiem and grew angry with me as I awaited my end. It then attacked you while yelling at me, eventually peeling back the masks of both of the imposters. You were there. Defending me as you always have but now I was the weak one and you were strong. Then you said the words unspoken and I was taken off-guard.
Prompt: 10

Then winds of change blew us apart. You wanted to protect me in the end and fought my brother to your death. Your loss was the one thing that the demon needed to take me back as my sorrow was its fuel it used to plunge me into the darkness that is my soul. I was a being never meant for love or joy but to bring pain and suffering to the world. I was plunged into the darkness once again.
Prompt: 11

The world seemed to blur as it used me as it would. Eventually I started to feel as if I was lost in the middle of never. Nothing mattered anymore. But then I heard your voice. It sounded odd but the echo was all I needed to pull myself to the surface. Then I saw you again at your moment of death. I would not stand back and let you die again. I killed your attacker and pulled its broken weapon out of you. Your wound was mortal but you still drew breath. I chose to retreat into this unfamiliar desert before the demon could finish what was started.
Prompt: 12

The demon retook my body but now I held onto my vision. But all I saw was horror, Endless sands, and a people largely without hope. Even then I was able to understand the rumors. That a turbaned man was standing tall against the plans of my captors. I held onto hope, knowing that you wear masks to hide the real you was the only thing that kept me holding on among the pain and the death. The demon snickers in the darkness for it now had a plan, a plan that it will try to use to break me forever.
Prompt: 13

It took me to an odd city that used strange magic. To the man that I thought was you. The scar on his eye betrayed him. This was my brother. The same brother who had no time or love for man was fighting to protect them. But why? This change of heart makes no sense to me. But I feel strange as if I was being watched from afar. You were never more than another step away before but then I saw it. Your green eyes staring back at me from the same color robes that my brother wore. They all underestimated your cunning as I did. You convinced my brother to help you, a feat in itself worthy of the songs of history. But you had them looking at him as you did what was necessary. I wished to cry out to you but the demon smiled and I couldn’t look away. It knew something was coming and it wanted me to watch.
Prompt: 14

A mob storms in from the right sweeping you away as a broom sweeps away dust. It feels my fear as it takes me to the place you disappeared into. Before I even round the corner I smell the scent of blood. But nothing could prepare me for what I saw. The street, the walls, everything was covered in blood. Pieces of what where people where strewn about as if discarded by a monster. Some cut, most burned, and even some torn limb for limb. All these killings were not normal for you. You always avoided needless bloodshed. Is this change of heart my fault? Have my actions turned him into a monster capable of this?
Prompt: 15

A figure appears before me. The man who was responsible for the fall of Elysium, the murderer of thousands upon thousands strikes me. I fall to the ground my entire body reeling from the pain but then I notice the silence. The demon is gone. He then walks away without a word. I stand up and start running after the one blood trail that seems to have escaped the conflict. It ends suddenly. I have always scorned a warrior’s hope but now it’s all that I had left. I have never felt more lost in my life.
Prompt: 16

I realize that fate is cruel when I finally find you and you are with the one from before. The always there from my hopes and dreams where taken by the woman from before. He sees me from the distance but I walk away. I have no right to interfere with your life anymore. You looked happy and I have no right to take that away from you. However that woman confronts me again. However she seemed confused of my parting words. I left pondering if you were going to keep our promise made that day.
Prompt: 17

I wonder for a while. Eventually I come upon an old ruin. It was a simple small room. I will not hide from him. For I do not fear the end of daylight. May the darkness of eternity take me from this world before I bring any more harm to it.
Prompt: 18

I start to sing my final song as he arrives. My only wish is to live and die in love. I was often called a demon in my life by people that refused to even understand me for who and what I am. This has always been my bane as every time I let love in they would get to know me and then the monster I am would scare them away. Some have even tried to kill me. If my death was to prove anything I wish for it to be that even demons love. But I’m afraid that all messages will mean nothing in this battle.
Prompt: 19

As you enter your weapon isn’t drawn. You didn’t seem to want to keep our promise so I did as demons do and gave you no other choice but to draw. But even then you fought haphazardly as if your heart is not in the battle. Are you still the stalwart in your decision to save me you don’t realize what is at stake? In time I will never be me again… then your blade finds my throat.
Prompt: 20

As I await the fatal strike I look into your eyes one last time. Your dirt stained face is filled with tears. You throw away your sword and hold me. As you sob into my ear I realize that this is the second time that I tried to force you to do something that you didn’t want to do. I start to thank my enemy for the kindness in unexpected places. For without the freedom that he granted me I would never have gotten to this place.

After punching all of this up I realize that it might not be necessary to put it all in a single story. Then again this whole internet thing is new to me. I fully expect to need to see a large section of spoilers not working properly when I click post

kannaophelia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New here, joining in!

Prompt: 01 Single File (complete)

Chat logs. Printouts of long, endless hours of chatting about nothing and everything: work, studies, fandom, family. And raw, agonizing records of hours spent crying and suffering, turned into expensive ink on cheap paper.

Handwritten letters and cards. Shy messages at first, kisses increasing  in number, messages getting more tender
The first mention of love.

Journal entries. A relationship tracked on livejournal. The announcement to online friends.

Phone card bills, for the days before Skype. Long hours spent on the phone, always the early hours of the morning  for one of them, worried about the costs but not able to let go.

Plane itineraries. Photographs with parents. In Venice together. Shining faces full of love and joy printed onto computer paper.

A joint bank account, to demonstrate seriousness of commitment.

And forms, so many forms.

What is missing is a wedding certificate. They are married in their heart and their soul, but they are denied the precious piece of paper to serve as proof that their love, their commitment, is real. That’s only for a man and woman, not two women in love. So in lieu of that precious piece of paper, they offer a single file of paper, their lives, their intimate feelings, their relationship offered up to be read by the cold eyes of a stranger. They stretch the file bigger and bigger, hoping to balance the omission of one piece of paper by hundreds and thousands. 

Their life is a single file of seven kilograms, sent by courier to the high consulate for visa appraisal.
 Prompts unfulfilled so far:

Prompt: 02
Prompt: 03
Prompt: 04
Prompt: 05
Prompt: 06
Prompt: 07
Prompt: 08
Prompt: 09
Prompt: 10
Prompt: 11
Prompt: 12
Prompt: 13
Prompt: 14

Prompt: 15
Prompt: 16
Prompt: 17
Prompt: 18
Prompt: 19
Prompt: 20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k