Failed Creating Distribution File

Final-Mix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
my rpg maker is failing to create a distribution file i have checked that none of my file was a .exe .rar or something

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you get that error message, then usually something blocked the target directory from being usable.
please provide a screenshot of your deployment window settings, that usually is enough to check for the most common errors.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why you blurred out the directory when that's the specific piece of information we asked for to help you.

But the double periods might be causing a problem, as that's a control code for a parent directory. Try deleting those from the output path (and, for good measure, double check that you have sufficient space on the drive; look at how much space your project folder takes up, and ensure you have that much free).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As said above, I asked for the screenshot to check if your target directory is valid and does not contain letters that are forbidden under networking rules - like spaces and non-latin letters and a lot of special symbols (like more than one period for an extension) etc.

Additional problems could be caused if that D-drive is external (some USB-controllers have problems with file handling of databasing programs) or if the source directory for the project (which would have been the next question) contains wrong characters in the filename.

so please try again and give the target directory (can by typed, no need for another screenshot)

Final-Mix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know why you blurred out the directory when that's the specific piece of information we asked for to help you.

But the double periods might be causing a problem, as that's a control code for a parent directory. Try deleting those from the output path (and, for good measure, double check that you have sufficient space on the drive; look at how much space your project folder takes up, and ensure you have that much free).
the directory file is **** the periods was bad editing and the space for the project is 1 gb including the battlehud plugin i used

As said above, I asked for the screenshot to check if your target directory is valid and does not contain letters that are forbidden under networking rules - like spaces and non-latin letters and a lot of special symbols (like more than one period for an extension) etc.

Additional problems could be caused if that D-drive is external (some USB-controllers have problems with file handling of databasing programs) or if the source directory for the project (which would have been the next question) contains wrong characters in the filename.

so please try again and give the target directory (can by typed, no need for another screenshot)
the directory file is a capital F word cuss

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what about my other question? what kind of drive is the D drive?
and please give the folderpath of the project directory itself, the target directory seems to be OK.

Final-Mix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
what about my other question? what kind of drive is the D drive?
and please give the folderpath of the project directory itself, the target directory seems to be OK.
the D drive is an hdd came straight from my laptop

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry, I'm out of here. I ask questions because the answer might point out to the cause of your problems, and every time you only answer half of those questions.
no one here is paid to help you, and I can use my free time better than to repeat questions again and again.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CountOrlocck