Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every time I attempt to create a new project, a window shows up telling me that it failed to create a new project. If I hit 'Ok', or exit out of that window, a new one shows up in an infinite loop of close and appear, which prevents me from closing out of Ace unless I use the task manager to end the process. Clicking on the Steam Workshop button likewise does this.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to fix this, but the problem persisted.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where do you try to create the project?

This might be a case of the folder being restricted by a program or Windows and refusing the access rights to place files or folders there.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's just it. When I click on 'New Project', it doesn't give me any chance to choose where I create the project (Though, usually I create the project either on flash drive or on the desktop.) I'd simply create the project on desktop if I was able to choose the destination path.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That can only be either a damaged function in the Editor, or the editor being blocked by a background program - and the second case would be a bit strange to block at that part.

First guess is that your try at reinstallation somehow failed, for example if the damaged file is write-protected then the reinstall might not change it (no deletion when deinstalling, no overwriting from the new installation).

Can you deinstall again, then go to your Folder and manually delete everything that remains from the program before installing it again?

Other than that, check what fileguard programs you have, one of them might interfere.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did as advised, I am still facing the same problem. I have no file guard programs that I know of, and given that I'm the only one who knows the password to my computer, it is highly unlikely that someone installed one without my knowing.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still would like assistance with this, as this is very much something that I nor anyone else would like for a long period of time.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try running RM in admin mode (go to the folder where the program is, right click it, go to properties and find the Run as Admin option and check it, that way it will prompt you if you want to run it in admin mode every time the program runs)...

If ur steam is installed in "C:\" and your RM is the steam version then your projects are defaulted I think to also go to the RM folder which is inside the steam folder in "C:\". Since it would try to create the project in "C:\" windows blocks the program from making new files unless its running in admin mode and is given permission to write on C:\

Last edited by a moderator:

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ran the program in admin mode, but still no luck. When I click on create project, it still immediately states failed to create project.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try to reinstall it on a different location then... I transferred my Steam folder to the C:\ folder after a few of my games failed to create files due to the location...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're not running out of space on the drive where Ace is installed, or the drive you normally use to save your projects, are you?

If you normally save to a USB drive, do you have a USB drive plugged in?

Maybe it's trying to get the 'last project' path and not finding it.

Do you have it set up so projects are saved / backed up to the steam cloud?  If you turn that off does it make a difference?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not running out of space, I even deleted an old project I'd abandoned to test this out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

too... many... ideas... can't... edit them down :dizzy:
Don't you love your work?
It's been half a month and I didn't give signs of life, not even in my website.

I've been studying about my project and I discovered something that I definitely think it will be better.

On the other hand, I still have to learn how to use it properly so I need time.
This catgirl name is Elyune.
Her hobby is cooking and eating sweets. She's also an alchemist.

Cat_girl.jpg
catgirl-1.jpg
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_10_2021 3_12_09 PM.png

Latest custom tileset work for RAPTOR REVOLT in this beach scene set in the acheroraptor capital in Ridge City, Hell Creek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiler123