Metal Dinosaur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! :kaohi:

After encrypting and deploying a game a year ago, I've played it again this year and found that I wanted to make some map changes. I decrypted all image files and made a copy of the original game with the newer images. Upon opening RPG Maker MV, everything looks fine. Audio is missing but besides that, all maps and images look exactly how it should. I press play to make sure everything is working and I get this error before even getting to the menu screen. What should I do?

I've included what my screen looks like upon opening the decrypted game. This game means so much to me, I hope I can fix this. Thank you tons.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, that error happens in a version conflict or when an update to the project had an error resulting in files from different versions being together.

Make a backup and then update the backup of the prject to the newest version of the core files
(attention: I'm talking about a project update that is always manual, not of an editor update that could have happened automatically in case of Steam)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you just change the original version? Why do you have to decrypt all the assets? Did you actually delete your project after deploying?

Kacribus

Metal Dinosaur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Yeah! Silly little me deployed the game, encrypted it, then deleted the original editable game file to save space on my PC. Then, when I realized I wanted to make more changes, it was all too late.

Kacribus

Metal Dinosaur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar I've been looking at some posts and they've been saying similar things about this issue. How do you manually update these files to the newest version of core files? Specifically, what should I click? I can't seem to make a breakthrough, but I just know you're onto something.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Search this board for the update topic to your version, it should be in the news section.
Each of these update-news always repeated the instructions on how to manually update projects.

They all begin with "make a backup", because that is important.

Basically you need to make a new project after updating the editor, that will give you a set of files in the newest version.
Then you need to copy a specific list of files from the new project into the old one, overwriting the older versions there. If you miss overwriting some important files, you'll get version conflicts. But if you overwrite a file containing project data, you lose some of your work - that is why the backup is important to replace a file accidentally overwritten.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or you could create a new project and copy your audio, data, img (all folders except the js folder) from your original into the new project. Then find the most recent version of all of your plugins and add them in. Copying those from the original project might give issues as the older versions of plugins may not be compatible with the up to date version of the core scripts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k