Jeff James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I understand that many people have already asked about this and have had their problems solved, but none have had the answers that I sought.
I've had RPG Maker VX for a year until one day, for some reason, it stated that it had "failed to load actor data." Back then, I attempted to fix it, but ended up giving up because even after searching through numerous forums on multiple different websites, I couldn't find the way to fix it. What happened was that even when I tried to start a new project, it would still say "failed to load actor data." I must have accidentally messed something up as I was using it and ended up with this result; however, I don't know what.
So after those failures, I tried to delete it and reinstall it. Didn't work. I was messing with it before trying that, going through files I didn't understand and trying to solve it through willpower alone. As expected, it didn't work out, and I found that I could not delete it.
I left it sitting alone in the Recycling Bin for a long time before finally today, I decided to try it out again. Gave me hope until I realized that it still had the same problem: "failed to load actor data." This message appears even as I start a new project. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a folder titled "Data," because I don't have that in those new projects I started to test this out.
Is any kind soul willing to help an idiot who posted this a couple of years too late with this problem?
Many thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically that message tells you that the program cannot load one of the files containing project data.

This could be because the file was damaged (for example by a power failure or a crash), it could be that it didn't exist (for example accidental deletion or deletion by a anti-malware on a false positive or so on) or that there is a problem with file access and file rights.

If this happens with a new project, then either the source of the new projects had been damaged (that would be solved by redownloading and reinstalling the RPG Maker) or something interferes with your file access.

For a better help, you need to give us more detailed informations - like where exactly on your computer did you create the new projects, what are your background programs or how exactly did you try to deinstall/delete the editor and the projects and so on.

Jeff James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Basically that message tells you that the program cannot load one of the files containing project data.

This could be because the file was damaged (for example by a power failure or a crash), it could be that it didn't exist (for example accidental deletion or deletion by a anti-malware on a false positive or so on) or that there is a problem with file access and file rights.

If this happens with a new project, then either the source of the new projects had been damaged (that would be solved by redownloading and reinstalling the RPG Maker) or something interferes with your file access.

For a better help, you need to give us more detailed informations - like where exactly on your computer did you create the new projects, what are your background programs or how exactly did you try to deinstall/delete the editor and the projects and so on.

Alright, so I tried to uninstall it again, and I think I know why I couldn't do so the first time.
uninstall.JPG

Admittedly, beforehand, like I mentioned above, I clicked a bunch of random things hoping something would work. I honestly don't think this is fixable, and I know, I know. I shouldn't have done that when I don't know anything about computers, and this flood of regret and self deprecation is not helping, but I can't retrace my steps, since I did it almost a year ago (and ran away from the problem), so is there any way I can recover this or do I just have to deal with this? Any miracle workers out there? Thanks for helping, too, Andar. I can't say what background programs are running, but I can tell you that the projects are all located in Documents (I have a Windows 7) and I tried to delete the program the way the FAQ says to, after I screwed it up.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would try just completely reinstalling (without uninstalling), both VX and the RTP. See if that works. If it doesn't, it might have recreated the uninstaller for you so you can uninstall and do it all over again.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This message appears even as I start a new project

did you work within the program's own base project files?
if that's so, your problem, whatever it is, corrupted the game's own files.

try reinstalling VX into another computer, just for testing.
copy that installations' data files, and overwrite yours, one by one.
if it clears out Actors.rvdata, it should have problems loading Weapons.rvdata or Scripts.rvdata.
it goes down the list.

if that is the case, it's a project failure.
if it keeps asking for Actors.rvdata, it's a program failure.

Jeff James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
did you work within the program's own base project files?
if that's so, your problem, whatever it is, corrupted the game's own files.

try reinstalling VX into another computer, just for testing.
copy that installations' data files, and overwrite yours, one by one.
if it clears out Actors.rvdata, it should have problems loading Weapons.rvdata or Scripts.rvdata.
it goes down the list.

if that is the case, it's a project failure.
if it keeps asking for Actors.rvdata, it's a program failure.
Thank you! I'll try that, once I get a new computer. It's about time I got rid of this one, too. It's been a few years. Yeah, I think I kind of messed up the files themselves. Regardless of the program's inability to run any longer on this computer, thank you so much for your help!

Jeff James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would try just completely reinstalling (without uninstalling), both VX and the RTP. See if that works. If it doesn't, it might have recreated the uninstaller for you so you can uninstall and do it all over again.
I tried it already, and it doesn't work. But it's fine, I think I know what to do now. It's a lesson learned the hard way. Thank you very much for your help, however!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.
Today the 2nd part of the RPGMakergame "A Thief's voyage" came out.

Go show DutchPowerCreations some love.
love it when you forget to put a certain thing in the movement route and suddenly a character starts spinning at 10000 rpm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWildSlicerx