Jeff James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now, before you get on to me about how it's been discussed already, I have looked at the others; I'm not that idiotic to not check Google first (thank god for Google). However, none of the ones I found really had anything I was looking for. 

Alright, so most of the other people's problems are with the fact that one of their files got corrupted, right? I've half a mind to suspect that my RPG Maker VX -the entire thing- is corrupted. You see, this happened a while back, and I don't even know why. I haven't been using the program- which I blame on my habit of intense procrastinating- and one day, when I opened the program, the small but ominous little window just popped up with the words "Failed to load actor data". 

Now, I'm finally getting to the point. You see, while the other people all only had trouble with one project, I had trouble with them all. No matter which one I opened, all of them said "Failed to load actor data". Even if I click "New Project", it does the same thing. 

This happened some time ago, and I have absolutely no idea why I thought that it would be a good idea to neglect personally asking online (Google doesn't solve all your problems- maybe). So, uh, help? I'm a bit panicky here; is it too late to save the RPG Maker?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should deinstall and reinstall the maker if there is indeed a damaged open process.

Other than that there are a few options to check. It is indeed unlikely that all project files had been damaged by a windows crash unless you had all of them open at the same time in different instances of the editor, but it could be that the files are not damaged but blocked by an antivirus or access restriction.

The program cannot determine why it can't get the data - it might be damaged project files, damaged program/windows files, access prevention or (if you get the same with other programs) the beginning of a harddrive failure.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where do you have your projects saved?  Under My Documents?  While it's not supposed to, I know for sure that a Windows automatic update once reverted my Ace project to an older version.  I had it saved under My Documents, assuming Windows Update wouldn't touch anything in that folder.  I was wrong.

Jeff James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I'll try these things. Thank you so much for helping!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilogy/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesBelton