Failed To Load Audio Cancel 2 [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Kitsunekko, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitsunekko

Kitsunekko N00b Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    While going to play through one of my recently-edited maps to see if it's more accurate to what I want to portray, this error came up on the screen.
    upload_2018-11-28_23-50-33.png
    Pressing space or clicking on it allows me to continue playtesting the game, but it continues to pop up. I believe that the reason for this is because Cancel2 and a few other files might be missing from my Sound Effects folder.
    upload_2018-11-28_23-52-43.png
    I'm not sure if I have any events that use the Cancel2 sound effect in the game as of yet, but I want to get this fixed as soon as possible. Is there maybe a place for me to download files missing from the Sound Effects folder to fix this problem, or do I have to uninstall and re-install RPG Maker MV?

The reason why they're missing is probably because I deleted them. I don't know what .ogg files do or did, but I'm assuming that they have to do with playback or something of the sort. I was deleting them because I thought they were scrap data or something, I don't know. What importance do .ogg files have when it comes to Sound Effects?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Your SEs are .ogg files. If you are getting that message it means it's one of the files that are missing. You will have to redownload it.

3. Kitsunekko

Kitsunekko N00b Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm unsure where to find the resources to download them individually, and I'm not sure what all files are actually missing. The only solution I can think of right now is to uninstall the entire program and then re-install it all.

If I downloaded it off of Steam, uninstall it, and then re-install it, then will I lose the progress that I've made toward the game prototype I'm working on right now and have to start from scratch, or will it be okay? That's my main concern right now.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MV puts all the resources into your project when you create a new project. You can then export/deploy it and check the Exclude Unused Resources to save on file size a bit (care needs to be taken if you have plugins that use resources).

You should be able to go to your newdata folder wherever MV is installed, as that is where it gets those resources from when you create a new project. Copy the file from there and you should be okay (make sure to copy, not move). If you can't find that folder, just create a new project, and see if you can find it in the new project and copy it over.

Maybe something in the System tab uses the Cancel 2 SE?

Kitsunekko likes this.
  5. Kitsunekko

Kitsunekko N00b Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So what you're saying is the best solution to this if I'm using those sound files is to make a new dummy project, save it, and then copy all of the audio files from the dummy project into the one for the one I'm actually using?

I did a bit more digging around in what I have for my game so far, and there are a few other files that are missing that I am using. I'm just going to do the dummy project idea and copy the audio over into the Sound Effects, replace duplicates, and see if that solves it.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Give it a go. If they're not there in the dummy project either, it could mean you've removed them from the newdata folder, which would require a reinstall of the engine.

Kitsunekko likes this.
  7. Kitsunekko

Kitsunekko N00b Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: Copying the files from a dummy project into the one I need seems to have fixed it! Thank you Shaz for the idea!

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome!

If your issue is solved, just report your first post and let the mods know, and they'll pop in and lock the thread.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    additionally, you should find out why they were missing.
    If you accidentally deleted them because you didn't know that you need them it's one thing - but if something else deleted them you need to find out why to prevent a repeat problem.

1) you work on a cloudsync'ed folder - bad idea, cloud should only be used for backup and never as a working directory due to a difference in how the makers store their data. working inside a cloudfolder can cause the project to be completely or partially deleted.

2) hard drive is approaching end-of-life and you can expect it to completely fail within a few months
    if files are vanishing for no reason it can be that your hard-drive is too old to continue function for much longer

3) virus infection deleting files

and a few more other causes...

10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kitsunekko Please use the Report button on your opening post and ask for the thread to be closed when your query is solved. Mods might miss a change in the topic title (you have inserted [SOLVED]) or an individual post, but will see a Report.
    Thanks.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Kitsunekko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.