Failed to Load: data/Actors.json

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by CartMart, Jul 22, 2018.

1. CartMart

CartMart Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made a distribution package in RPG Maker MV and shared it with my friend to see if he could playtest my game on his computer. The first time, he got to the title screen but couldn't load the game because of a sprite I needed to replace. I replaced that sprite and sent him another version of the distribution package and shared it with him, but this time it couldn't even get to the title screen when he opened the game. It just gave him the message "Error Failed to load: data/Actors.json". I checked the game files and everything seemed to be there so I don't know what the issue is.

2. Olra

Olra Global Derp Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you internally edit the json or did you change it in the database?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are exactly two possibilities for that error:
    1) the file has been damaged.
    2) the folder path where your friend stored the download does not follow networking rules.

You can test 1 by having that file send back to you and test it in a project copy.

As for 2 he needs to make sure that all folders in the entire filepath contain only latin letters, no spaces and no special signs, and are not part of any cloudbased service.
    If you're not sure if the path follows networking rules, post it here from drive letter to index.html