Batman19

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm pretty new to posting on these forums but I could really use someone's help.

I recently converted my in-progress Ace game to MV using the converter that comes with MV.

I know that scripts do not transfer over and that I will encounter some errors with my quest log script, but I'm running into another problem that I'm really not sure how to fix and I've tried looking through these posts to find someone else with a similar problem but haven't had any luck.

Whenever I activate a transfer spot, whether it is a converted event or a brand new event created in the MV version itself, I get an error.

Failed to load: img/characters/!Door3.png

This file does not exist in the Characters folder of my game file. I don't know why it is trying to reference that file when I transfer from one map to another.

I have included a screenshot of the error I am encountering.

If anyone knows of any possible fixes I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you in advance!

2016-02-15.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's pretty clear - the message says it couldn't find img/characters/!Door3.png which indicates that an image file is missing from your MV project.

The converter ONLY converts stuff in the data folder.  You have to copy over all the audio and graphic resources yourself, resizing them to suit MV unless you're also using the Change Grid/Tile Size plugin.

Batman19

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where could I find a guide to resizing? I was mostly only using the base RTP as far as I know so I figured I didn't have any other resources to convert.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace's RTP is not the same as MV's RTP.  So it's possible that you're using some resources that don't have an MV equivalent (or at least a file with the same name).  In those cases you'll either need to copy over the resources and modify them to the correct size (there are guidelines around, so I'll ask you to search for them rather than continue that discussion in this thread), or find an MV resource that would work just as well, and change any events that use the Ace resource to use the MV one instead.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's been half a month and I didn't give signs of life, not even in my website.

I've been studying about my project and I discovered something that I definitely think it will be better.

On the other hand, I still have to learn how to use it properly so I need time.
This catgirl name is Elyune.
Her hobby is cooking and eating sweets. She's also an alchemist.

Cat_girl.jpg
catgirl-1.jpg
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_10_2021 3_12_09 PM.png

Latest custom tileset work for RAPTOR REVOLT in this beach scene set in the acheroraptor capital in Ridge City, Hell Creek.
unknown.png

I figured it was about time to update the battle sprite for one of my characters. The old one was the first time I ever drew a battle sprite, and filled with lines that shouldn't be there. So far, the new one is cleaner.
EQAQeW8.png

This was supposed to become her neutral talking stance, but now i just feel like she looks a little puzzled :D
I'm also open for any name suggestions, as i seriously suck at those. In my notes everything is just THE CITY or THAT GUY and THIS PRIESTESS or whatever :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exucav