Failed to load image - Solution or work around

Raggon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started searching months ago for a solution. I couldnt find one so here it is. I was using Moghunters awesome party mod but could never get it to work on mobile because it said Failed to load Image [X] even when i changed the name of the image to in this case MPMeter.png .

Solution I went to edit the Mog_partyhud.js using notepad ++ (free) Find the Name of the file that cant be found on your mobile game. and rename it . in my case i Found MPMeter.png and changed it to MPmeter.png . now it works on mobile!

p.s. You should have Basic knowledge of coding and find where the error you are getting is defined. dont just change every instance of in this example MPMeter that you find.

This is just a solution i found for my issue with this. feel free to let me know what else i could have done! thanks.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make Empty Picture or Picture with Big Number on it, safe it as .png File and name it exactly like the missing file in the error message, than manualy copy paste it into the correct game folder in your case the image folder.
In VX-Ace we did it like that, not tested if it works differently for MV.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Bex : That won't work on mobile. The issue is on mobile capitalization matters. Windows ignores that, but mobile OS's do not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp Windows is the ONLY operating system that has that stupid override that automatically compensates for capitalization errors.
ALL other operating systems keep the files like ABC.jpg and abc.jpg as different files as they should be.

(they are different files even on windows internally, windows just pretend to the user that they were the same and never tells that it autochanged filenames on loading)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'
Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lymeish