Failed to load img/doodads (PLEASE, HELP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone! I've tried everything to solve this problem with the doodads plugin from YANFLY but, whenever I export, the game keeps failing to load the doodad when I reach the map that has it. I tried replacing the doodad file in the data folder, I tried renaming the folder with the doodad, I tried putting the files directly into the doodads folder inside img folder... nothing works and I'm going insane. If anyone knows how I could solve this problem I'd really appreciate it.

I'm attaching some images.

Attachments

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it just this doodad?

try all lowercase in the folder name

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it just this doodad?

try all lowercase in the folder name
Hi, thanks for the reply! I tried it too but it still doesn't work... It's just this doodad, it doesn't do the same with the door_sign file.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might not be it, but your folder is named 'Doodads' Change it to 'doodads'

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try clearing the doodad from the map, saving, and then placing it again.

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try clearing the doodad from the map, saving, and then placing it again.
Sorry for my late reply! I tried that too... no matter what I do, it still fails to load. I really don't understand what's going on :LZSteary:

I'll attach another screenshot to show how my folders look like on my latest attempt. The doodad I'm using is the one called "horizontal.png" (the one that shows up on the screenshot). I also tried using this doodad inside a folder but the problem still persisted...

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no matter what I do, it still fails to load.
please give us the entire folderpath above the project folder.

it might be that the problem is not in the doodads themselves but in the foldernames above - all HTML5-programs require that the entire path to every file follows networking rules. But current operating systems have overrides to allow the use of folders that would be forbidden under networking rules (just for example - spaces are not allowed in folder and filenames under networking rules, but common place on computers otherwise).
Unfortunately those overrides fail under a lot of circumstances, so it's better to not have such cases.

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give us the entire folderpath above the project folder.

it might be that the problem is not in the doodads themselves but in the foldernames above - all HTML5-programs require that the entire path to every file follows networking rules. But current operating systems have overrides to allow the use of folders that would be forbidden under networking rules (just for example - spaces are not allowed in folder and filenames under networking rules, but common place on computers otherwise).
Unfortunately those overrides fail under a lot of circumstances, so it's better to not have such cases.
Here's another screenshot. Is this what you mean by the folder path?

I see, I read in another thread the thing about spaces not allowed in folders and filenames so that's why I placed the "horizontal.png" outside the folders that are inside the doodads folder (hope that makes sense). But the problem must be something about the networking rules, like you said. Though I still have no idea how to solve it, I'm pretty new at RPG Maker :kaocry:

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this what you mean by the folder path?
yes, but still incomplete - it starts at "documents", not at the drive name/letter and that means there is still part of the path hidden.

however it already shows one problem:
The foldername "Panacea RPG Maker" contains spaces and is probably the cause (or at least one cause) for the load failures.
As alread said, spaces are not allowed in any filename or foldername under networking rules.

Please rename it to "Panacea_RPG_Maker" or something else that no longer contains spaces, then try again.
If you still get the error after that, it's most likely your username (most document folders are below a username folder) that might cause this.

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, but still incomplete - it starts at "documents", not at the drive name/letter and that means there is still part of the path hidden.

however it already shows one problem:
The foldername "Panacea RPG Maker" contains spaces and is probably the cause (or at least one cause) for the load failures.
As alread said, spaces are not allowed in any filename or foldername under networking rules.

Please rename it to "Panacea_RPG_Maker" or something else that no longer contains spaces, then try again.
If you still get the error after that, it's most likely your username (most document folders are below a username folder) that might cause this.
I just tried renaming the folder to "Panacea_RPG_Maker" but now, for some reason, I'm unable to save and when I try to deploy the project it stays stuck at "credits.html" :LZSsad:

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out what I did wrong. It seems that I named the project "Panacea", but somewhere down the line I renamed the project folder "Panacea RPG Maker" :kaoswt2:. I just renamed it to Panacea and I can save and deploy now. But the "failed to load" problem still persists :kaodes:

Attachments

Last edited:

ShadowX0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me its almost the same thing, he was like " there isnt no flood called C:img/doodads/" I change to to right flood in pluging opitions but know ever time I try to use it, affater I press F10 and try to open a image my game crash for no reason saying that I dont have the image

ShadowX0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me its almost the same thing, he was like " there isnt no flood called C:img/doodads/" I change to to right flood in pluging opitions but know ever time I try to use it, affater I press F10 and try to open a image my game crash for no reason saying that I dont have the image
Never mind, I solve it,

Insteed of trying to make the Doodads work in yout project page you need to give up that ideia and create a new flooder called img its like this "C:\img\doodads"

Attachments

Tutitam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello guys this plugin Dont work. when I go to map it write me that D:/img/ doodads/ doors/ no files

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Tutitam , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please create your own thread if you have any questions regarding this plugin. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
<-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragatoni