Octotron

Drifter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have an encrypted RPG Maker MV project from August 2020, and I wanted to open it with my Version 1.6.2 editor. So all the files are .rpgmvp files, which works fine for running the game... But what if I need to update the MadeWithMv image for example? Well, if I import the original .png before it became a .rpgmvp and delete the .rpgmvp version (because I don't need it anymore), the game shows the error "failed to load img/system/MadeWithMv.png".

Why would this be? It's referencing the .png I imported in the "MadeWithMv" default plugin, but running the game gives me an error. However, bringing back the .rpgmvp version fixes this, like the game is always referencing the .rpgmvp version regardless of what I set. This goes for everything too, images and sounds, if I try to replace the .rpgmvp with my .pngs or .oggs.

I had seen somebody before had this problem too here and supposedly solved the problem by using the update guide found here. I did this too (replaced old .js with new .js, except for plugins, replaced index.html) and nothing changed, the game still relies on having the .rpgmvp files even if I tell it to use the .pngs or .oggs, it says it fails to load them anyway. Is there something I'm missing?

Disposable PNG 1.png

vietanhdang2017

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't work with an encrypted version of your project.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah...the whole point of encrypting an exported project is so that it can't be opened or modified.

Octotron

Drifter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By putting a "Game.rpgproject" in the project folder I'm able to open and modify it, but I suppose not really since I'm having this problem. What a shame that encryption works so well~. Truly sad if there's no way around this, guess the old graphics are set in stone.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
splash screen images, load screen and window.png are always
in png format, if they encrypt, remove those and place png in
the same spot and they should work just fine.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this your game, or someone else's?

If your game, why don't you just put the new image in your actual project, then redeploy? You're not meant to modify the deployed version directly.

Octotron

Drifter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
splash screen images, load screen and window.png are always
in png format, if they encrypt, remove those and place png in
the same spot and they should work just fine.
This I had tried but to no avail. The game only works if I have the .rpgmvp files imported, but claims it cannot load the .pngs if I use those instead.

Is this your game, or someone else's?

If your game, why don't you just put the new image in your actual project, then redeploy? You're not meant to modify the deployed version directly.
Odd situation but essentially I gave the demo to my friend (encrypted) and no longer had my actual project when I changed computers couple months after. I wanted to open my game to update it now but I don't have the original, just the encrypted deployed version I got back from my friend.

The "Game.rpgproject" is a copy from the NewData folder.

I guess when I put it like that my question would be: Can you edit an encrypted, deployed version of your game or is that a lost cause?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are asking us to help you hack a game. For obvious reasons, that cannot be posted here.

I believe if you contact @Archeia with proof that it is your game and not someone else's, she may be able to help you.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you open the deployed version with rpgmv files, you cannot re-deploy it.
you need the origial png first in order to deploy it, so you need either a
key you used or otherwise, you need to start over probably.

Octotron

Drifter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are asking us to help you hack a game. For obvious reasons, that cannot be posted here.

I believe if you contact @Archeia with proof that it is your game and not someone else's, she may be able to help you.
Ah yeah I realised after my last reply how suspicious this looks and that I'm basically asking how to crack a game. Thanks for recommending this user I will consider the option.

if you open the deployed version with rpgmv files, you cannot re-deploy it.
you need the origial png first in order to deploy it, so you need either a
key you used or otherwise, you need to start over probably.
You know to add to my idiocy I forgot to mention that I know the encryption key... But I'm also a noob at deployment, so can I input this key somewhere and it'll help?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never did a re-engeneer with the encryption key, but there should
be a way to use it with that key somehow.

I know some ways, but not recommend because it's illigal, even for
your own game.

if you have the encryption key, than one of the mods can tell you how
to use it, but try to have a backup of your game next time, even if it's
on a USB stick, so it's always save.

Octotron

Drifter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never did a re-engeneer with the encryption key, but there should
be a way to use it with that key somehow.

I know some ways, but not recommend because it's illigal, even for
your own game.

if you have the encryption key, than one of the mods can tell you how
to use it, but try to have a backup of your game next time, even if it's
on a USB stick, so it's always save.
Thank you, I will! I don't know why I lacked the foresight to save the project when I have saved the assets for the project... Hopefully this key will do something, if anyone knows where to enter it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin