First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Faith Romance | 0.1

by arleq1n

The Itch.io Page

Synopsis
Faith Romance is a tactical role-playing game written with RPG Maker MV. The project consists in writing 5 chapters minimum. All the scripts used are handmade in the will to learn how to write a game.

The core of the game is a tactical battle on a map with a permanent war fog. Each actor uses tactical points to perform the actions selected by the player. They will have to advance cautiously through the fog of war and defeat the devils that stand in their way.

The game is written like a theatre play between battle scenes.

Storyline
Devils begin to invade the lands of the empire of Hesperidia. The poor human souls take refuge in faith to overcome their fears. Arias is a young monk in love with his lover Elvire, who is forbidden by his religious oath. Against all odds, the young monk has been assigned to accompany a group of mercenaries on a pilgrimage to the underworld as a final attempt to annihilate the source of evil and reclaim the land. The kid of faith will learn to kill for his life and become a mercenary. He will have to choose on the way between his heart and his faith. Devil's made a new friend.

Screenshots
Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 18.17.15.png
Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 18.19.55.png
Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 18.16.03.png
Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 18.18.56.png

Version 0.1
Version 0.1 includes the minimum requirements for an enjoyable experience. It offers ±40 minutes of content. The project is written iteratively proposing the beginning and the end of the game! The game is an indie realization. The final chapter will be rewritten at each update involving a new rereading by the player. Players can participate in the development by giving their feedback on the game. New features already written will be implemented in the game in future releases. The battle system is also made available to everyone via a plugin for RPG Maker MV.

Tactics System
I write the tactics system that's available to everyone. It’s a tactical battle system plugin for RPG Maker MV. The plugin is a basic system that gives only the basic functionality to create a tactical-rpg. It's basically created for my game so my apologies if the system doesn't suit your expectations.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tactics? Neat! Will keep an eye on this.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems interesting

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I posted this on the plugin page but, I have to say... I went in expecting merely a demo for a battle system, instead, I got quite moved by the experience. It's short, but it's really neat. Love this!

BENI_MARU

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The screenshots look enticing :) Was the character art custom as well - it's nice! Best of luck with development.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I posted this on the plugin page but, I have to say... I went in expecting merely a demo for a battle system, instead, I got quite moved by the experience. It's short, but it's really neat. Love this!
thanks for playing! the game is basic as version 0.1 of the tactics system at the time i guess. i would wish the theater plays would be more interactive in next versions by deciding on reaction of the actors. after all it's a video game? a way to make it more interactive is also to add mini games. i've got good feedback on the tango mini game more than on the battle system. haha! i think the battle system is what will improve the most during development. thanks again for your time.

i wrote a first devlog that defines the final goal of the project and the next step. in resume, the next objective is to add the game loop. the game is written in chapters which are themselves composed in three parts: theater play, battle stage and town scenes.
the first two parts are already in version 0.1 so it misses the town scenes. it is during this part of the game that you can buy, sell, equip, forge new items.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game loop has been implemented into the game. The game consists of plays, tactical battles and management in cities/mercenary bases. The city of Alhambra is available. At the moment there is only one shop and the Alcazaba Palace. It is still in very basic shape but should improve with updates. I noticed that there is a lag with the audio in the itch.io version. The next update will fix this problem. It will also allow me to rewrite some side of the game.

Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 18.16.03.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zindasan0078