Fake or real dev site?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll be digging up a dead post to shed more spotlight on stolen assets/plagiarism.

https://www.fiverr.com/capsium/create-a-videogame-sprite-sheet

Aekashics and a bunch of other artists are being stolen from and being resold as services. Aekashics thinks they're related to Musubi, too.

Here's Aekashics' response to all of this: http://www.akashics.moe/librarium-n...-possibly-selling-it-to-unsuspecting-clients/

I'm sorry but I just want to clarify some things out of experience because I feel like some people here are attacking in the wrong direction.
Fiverr is essentially a middle man to connect people providing a service with those looking for a service. That's it.

Now, in terms of dealing with service providers on the website that are engaging in fraudulent behavior, the onus is on the accuser to prove said behavior. And I imagine whatever internal policy Fiverr is operating under that guides their response to user reporting is probably extremely rigid. Most of these types of sites want to protect their service providers, as much as their customers. (Think of eBay seller protections, or how PayPal handles disputes) Therefore, they won't rush to judgment on a case without carefully investigating and weighing the evidence. Unfortunately this results in what appears to be them not caring or encouraging fraud. I don't think that's the case. There's a process for everything.

Personally I have paid for commissions from many artists on Fiverr. The people I've dealt with on there have been mostly fantastic. So I would caution everyone against rushing to judgment. Things aren't always as black and white.

In a nutshell, I agree that Fiverr needs to take a look at this case and hold the individual(s) in question responsible. But understand that it's not as simple as "Hey look at these conversations look at this image I have proof DO SOMETHING!"

Attacking in the wrong direction would be an issue if there weren't more fingers pointing their way for repeat offenses on the plagiarism front.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
1 day delivery for a sprite sheet for 5$ o_O Yeah that is suspect! Without EVEN looking at who might had done it, it feels better to do a googling for free with the right ToU material.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've dealt with Fiverr in the past, and all I can say about the platform is that if the internet is the "wild west," then fiverr is the "O.K. Corral." There are several fantastic artists that work through the platform. There are also some bad apples. A LOT of bad apples. To get anyone competent requires the user to work the filtering. To get someone competent AND honest can take hours, and definitely more than $5.

Here is a few of the rules for the use of the platform:
1. Finished works are not $5. (They aren't. Sorry, see below.)
2. Ask for sketches. No sketches or PSD's showing partial work means it's not original.
3. Check for revision terms, if they have none - then you're getting a bad deal (either at the time, or after delivery when it is someone else's work)
4. MAIL them first, and CHECK that things are consistant. No Mail = No Hire.
5. Check their spelling, grammar, and general posting material.
6. Check for consistency in their work.

Golden Rule: If it looks too good to be true, then it's a SCAM.

I've not posted about Fiverr myself due to experience. It is work to use the site, and even when I do decide to put money towards a project in the terms of custom art -- It's going to someone in the community HERE.

I'll spare everyone the entire sob-story, but my husband does some work for certain websites that need customized text-art for different events that must be published. This means that fiverr is one of several places that he looks for this sort of art. I can't count the number of times that I've heard him cussing at the monitor about some such-and-such from fiverr. Again, I'll reiterate that there are some great people on the platform, but it's up to the user to look for the right person. Think of fiverr more like a local swap-meet. There are some wonderful people, and some wonderful scammers.

(edit: after all my posturing, I misspelled "grammar." Go figure.)

Last edited:

BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then that's the foundat.io's plan. To see the JavaScript and then copy and edit it.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever the case, the whole thing's a dick move on the part of foundat.io and I hope that the scum behind the whole thing will rot away at the end for this insult upon our community.

@BlitzMalachite This was last discussed back in May, and bringing up old subjects after reasonable allowance for any final words on the matter is against the rules here (the community limit is 30 days and you're obviously way past that). It's a hard call to make, though... so if you're ever in doubt I suggest reading the rules for any clarification you may require.

EDIT: Unfortunately I have confirmed that the site remains active despite our best efforts, so please read the entire discussion and "caveat emptor" (read: consumers take caution) before doing anything stupid. (Besides, you know what they say of cases where it could be a bit too good to be true...)

EDIT 2: The Fiverr pages are still up as well. Do same as the other, and don't even bother.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BreakerZero While it does need to be clarified in the rules, the necropost rule primarily deals with support topics. There are several types of topics that we allow necroposting and more general, casual discussions such as these are one of them.

Also, please take note of rule 7.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree that it's a hard call to make on these matters as it is, hence my take on the matter. With that said, the rest of the statement still stands as I have verified it personally.

EDIT: I have updated my prior post to account for this aspect of the expected procedures. Obviously the micromanaging part was not intended like that - it was more of a cautious skepticism relative to expectations, and I have to agree that it could use some additional clarification to avoid further confusion.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@mlogan Ouf! I always am scared when I search for already related topic to one of my questions to browse to see if it had been answered and add now because I can't on the spur of the moment know if it'd be useful or not to add to the related topic by necroposting fear.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan Ouf! I always am scared when I search for already related topic to one of my questions to browse to see if it had been answered and add now because I can't on the spur of the moment know if it'd be useful or not to add to the related topic by necroposting fear.

as @mlogan said, if it's an old thread in one of the Support forums (XP Support, VX Support, VX Ace Support, MV Support, Script/Plugin Support), you can't necropost. The Request forums are probably in the same bucket, as they, like support threads, are things needed "now" and if too much time has passed, the person probably no longer needs it. In other areas it's generally okay.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV

See what I mean? This is exactly why I mentioned it, and at this point we really should have that clarified seeing I'm not the only one thrown off by this over the same discussion.

(retreats to corner in facepalm position)

EDIT: Should've also mentioned that we're starting to deviate from the original purpose of the discussion by debating the necropost policy in the middle of it (which is another rule-breaker in itself) so I think we're in a good place to consider this matter as settled before we go too far off course with this.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what's so hard to understand. This is not a support forum, so the necroposting rule doesn't apply. This has been stated numerous times in the past. If you want to discuss what is/isn't necroposting, and where it is/isn't allowed, Site Feedback is the place for it. Discussing it here is off topic / hijacking.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz I literally just mentioned that. As I have added to my prior discourse:

Should've also mentioned that we're starting to deviate from the original purpose of the discussion by debating the necropost policy in the middle of it (which is another rule-breaker in itself) so I think we're in a good place to consider this matter as settled before we go too far off course with this.

Or in other words: case closed.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you edited while I was posting ;)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
LOL, I am half commenting here again just to digital SMH. This conversation...

Anyway, for real tho, I can't believe these jerks still have everything up. It's so frustrating >:(

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LOL, I am half commenting here again just to digital SMH. This conversation...

Anyway, for real tho, I can't believe these jerks still have everything up. It's so frustrating >:(

Good heavens! This is still a thing? This is like the RPG Maker version of Digital Homicide. >__<

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I want to write something intelligible to voice out my opinion and the best I can do without profanities is an honest growl.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~!

Last edited:

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't believe these jerks still have everything up. It's so frustrating >:(

The foundat.io site abandoned and the musubi site is down, it would definitely be pretty dead given the Facebook/Twitter posts from July if it wasn't for the recent reviews and orders in queue on the Fiverr page :l

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JegueAvapor