plumbbobparadise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I actually hesitated before posting this thread.
Ok, so I began my game using VX Ace (yeah, I know) and the author of the ABS, Falcao Pearl, hasn't been active in the community for years now. So I'm trying to code a couple scenes that are proving to be challenging. One is a final boss battle scene where the main character gets to kill the dragon and save her brothers. It's a relatively simple premise for a relatively simple game - that somehow took about five years to get to this point, lol, long story.
The other is another boss battle. I want to do a switch where, say, a crystal, is revealed after an enemy is defeated. For the final scene, I want to do a switch where the game ends after the final boss is defeated and the kidnap victim is returned. I've been stumped on this end. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
To make a long story short, I'm trying to make two boss battles.
finalbossevent1.pngfinalbossevent2.pngfinalbossevent3.pngbossbattle1.png
This last photo is of one of the boss battles. The main character is supposed to retrieve a crystal and bring it to the witch. I want the crystal to trigger when the main character defeats the boss.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.
Since we get very close: If you want to enjoy the advent calendar as it is intended, wait til your date and the day in the URL line up, so you have the final day on actual christmas and not the day before... time zones ;3
1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santii