Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1_Snapshot.png

A High fantasy story that pulls heavily from the real world. Fallen Feather is a progressive, modern RPG that focuses on Visual Aesthetics, Immersion and, above all else, a Setting that gives People of Color the Limelight. I’m working tirelessly on an adventure where saving the world ISN’T the ultimate goal. Instead we’re tackling a much more difficult obstacle: Obtaining Equality

In a fictional world obsessed with eye color, You'll deal with confronting Racism from two perspectives of races known as "Wishes" (Green eyes) & "Omens" (Orange Eyes).

Fight Monsters, Unleash Magic, Use Smart Devices, and punch some positivity into prejudice people.

1_Story.png
Sterile. For 16 years, Wishes & Omens alike have suffered from the inability to reproduce. A phenomenon best known as ‘Steri-Stassis’. Tension grew thick between both races as the threat of extinction has become an inevitable reality.

An order of Knights known as PEACE was formed in response to the stressful times, Bringing hope back to the masses. All merely a prelude of what is to come.

You follow the story Zorian Dancehall, a 16 year old wish with a unique pair of Crimson Eyes, who dreams of one day Joining PEACE & Destroying ‘Nocte Solis’- a Demonic Sphere that looms in the sky, fueling Steri-Stassis. However, when his obsession with PEACE leads him to uncover Corruption among his idols, he volunteers to aid a mysterious Omen named Atanu who is on a campaign to bring that corruption to Justice.

Zorian’s decision will spiral into a whirlwind of events that land them in the center of political, racial & magical war zones throughout the world of Threa.

1_Screenshot.png

1_Characters.png

zorian young.png
Nationality: Sasaepan (Caribbean)
Race: Wish
Bio: Zorian Raw-War is Fallen Feather’s protagonist. An excitable teenager who believes in equality, despite living in a world where acts of discrimination are common.

Atanu.png
Nationality: Feare'ful
Race: Omen
Bio: Strong & silent in his demeanor, Atanu is an honorable Omen being who possesses a wealth of knowledge and a love for traveling. Despite being battle-hardened from years of fighting against Horrors, he still manages to keep his gentle spirit intact.

Iris Young.png
Nationality: Reiven
Race: Prayer
Bio: A combat enthusiast, the competitive Iris doesn't leave life to chance and decides her future with her own hands. Recognized by her wings & respected for her crippling strength, the teenage tomboy belongs to a nearly extinct race of angelic individuals known as “Prayers”.

1_Features.png
Mode 7 Comic Cutscenes - Pseudo cutscenes will take place on a Comic book panel cut out, literally bringing the story to life!

In battle Voice Overs - inspired by Star Ocean, exciting and lively voice acting will immerse players further into the world of Threa.

Manga/Comic Themed Turn Based Combat - Combat takes place on comic panels, watch your attacks fly off the page!

Remnant System - inspired by FF7’s Materia System! Pick and Choose what magic to bring into battle by equipping the Remnants known as Fallen Feathers or Severed Scales

Talents & Synergy Strikes - Devastate opponents with powerful skills unique to each character, combine Talents to invoke Collaborative attacks known as “Synergy Strikes”

Transformations - Learn transformations and Buffs that will unlock temporary abilities not normally usable!

Break Rushes - Use Heavy attacks that will cripple opponents, cutting key stats in half to turn the tide in battle. be careful as Opponents can do the same to you.

PoC - A game dedicated to placing people of Color & minorities in Major Roles.

Weapon/Armor Upgrade system - collect salvageables from battle that can be used toward upgrading your equipment!

Contact Battles - No random encounters, battle Horrors by colliding on field.

Lore Book (& NPC's) - After key events occur your smart device will automatically update with new information about the world of Threa and it's history. NPC's will also focus on discussing current affairs and their opinions.

Animated Pixel Scenes - Short Pixel Animations will appear throughout the game, bringing unique life to this modern-retro RPG.

1_Progress.png
In Complete Honesty, this project is and was always a huge undertaking but something I’m adamant on seeing through for several reasons. I first came up with the idea in 2003 but always had it on the back burner. However, since summer 2018 i’ve been working on it DAILY.

Fallen Feather is near to my heart and while i’ve commissioned some AMAZING talents, I work on the project primarily by myself, and this game will take especially long to complete because I am working on it alongside a Manga adaptation of the story that I plan on releasing first. I know it sounds crazy but it makes sense for me.

The Manga is much farther ahead of the game so I’m pulling my energy into completing it first, and with it I can FLY through eventing the game as i’ll have a straight up script to follow. In the meantime I’m working purely on the aesthetics and function of the game, trying to make it as visually appealing and fun as possible, in fact i’m creating this page so you all can help me with just that! All feedback is MORE than welcomed!

Goals:
Releasing on Steam & Itch.io as a Commercial project.

Crowdfunding after I complete the first town and gauge the scope of the project a bit better.

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO @Low who's worked very hard with me for the last year on AMAZING battlers for all of you to enjoy! I look forward to working with him on the rest of the characters to present you all with the most beautiful 2D combat experience possible!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mordridakon

I am a dragon!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of my books was thinly veiled commentary on race relations in America using fantasy creatures, so I get where you're coming from. But like I had to do, please don't bash people over the head with "racism is bad." People want to be entertained, not preached to. But as long as you're not preachy, I think you're off to a great start!

alraune

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One of my books was thinly veiled commentary on race relations in America using fantasy creatures, so I get where you're coming from. But like I had to do, please don't bash people over the head with "racism is bad." People want to be entertained, not preached to. But as long as you're not preachy, I think you're off to a great start!
I would argue against this. I'm not here to, nor do I hope that it comes to an argument over politics, and you seem to be pretty positive too, but that would depend on the game. I personally don't see a reason why "racism is bad" shouldn't be a big message in the game, and I believe some games can be "preachy". The racial undertones are going to go over some people's heads anyway.

Mordridakon

I am a dragon!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would argue against this. I'm not here to, nor do I hope that it comes to an argument over politics, and you seem to be pretty positive too, but that would depend on the game. I personally don't see a reason why "racism is bad" shouldn't be a big message in the game, and I believe some games can be "preachy". The racial undertones are going to go over some people's heads anyway.
There's a difference between having a message, and beating people over the head with it. You can have in it the background as a theme, but if the point of the game is to teach "racism is bad," you're going to run into trouble. I know this from my own experience. Play play games and read fiction to be entertained, not be pushed an agenda. But It is a fine line and often times hard to find. I've often times found myself on the wrong side of it, especially when I first started writing fiction years ago.
And to make it clear, I'm not picking a political side here, I've read both conservative and liberal books where the message was laid on far too thick. This is a question of balancing telling a good story with pushing a message you want to share. It doesn't have a side. If a guy came here with a game focused on gun rights by fighting against "Gun grabbers" I'd have the same issue.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a difference between having a message, and beating people over the head with it. You can have in it the background as a theme, but if the point of the game is to teach "racism is bad," you're going to run into trouble. I know this from my own experience. Play play games and read fiction to be entertained, not be pushed an agenda. But It is a fine line and often times hard to find. I've often times found myself on the wrong side of it, especially when I first started writing fiction years ago.
And to make it clear, I'm not picking a political side here, I've read both conservative and liberal books where the message was laid on far too thick. This is a question of balancing telling a good story with pushing a message you want to share. It doesn't have a side. If a guy came here with a game focused on gun rights by fighting against "Gun grabbers" I'd have the same issue.
Understood, I've been working on the story for quite a long time, yes "racism is bad" is the ultimate goal but if it.eases your mind a bit that's not all there is to the world in the least! for the most part you'll be dealing with Zorian and the other characters personal story arcs which is your normal (family, regret, love, dreams) while fighting monsters normal to their world known as "Horrors" who, like pokemon, vary in power and rarity.

Like you, I'm trying really hard to thin veil it like modern america but not so much that its screaming in your face but it can be felt and is quite alive. I will admit the first act will lay it on a bit thicker than the rest of the game but Its to make a statement & i look to X-men alot in how they handle racial tension. (I make alot of comparisons lol!)

But I do thank you for your input, I'm no master writer and since this is a legitimate fear from.reading the synopsis it's my job to cater to that as to not alienate any possible readers/players so I will be careful not to become to overbearing! Hope you continue to watch this games growth

Last edited:

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the premise for this!
Thank you so much! I actually have alot more then im revealing here and plan to divulge more over the year! Hope you stay tuned!

Kneeshaw

Kneeshaw Developments
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks great. I like the battle scene.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made some changes to the Battle GUI based on some constructive comments i received on Reddit, im leaning a little more into the comic theme and came up with this, let me know what you think!

For context i kept the inverted black and white tone for a nice contrast and it seems to pull away the busy-ness in the background, keeping your eyes more focused on the battle options than the comic decorations (i will town down the comic surroundings in the final edit, these are just place holders of my guy Vegito in the manga strips!) I'm also going to go over the health, magic and limit gauges

Last edited:

Kneeshaw

Kneeshaw Developments
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great Theme, Well Executed. What do the 3 arrows and gauge on the right mean?

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great Theme, Well Executed. What do the 3 arrows and gauge on the right mean?
Thank you, using yanfly party limit gauge I fashioned what I call the "Full Burst System", during battle, attacks and skills build the full burst gauge, every arrow represents a single "burst" (the speech bubble at the bottom left of the gauge also represents how many Bursts you have) with a max of 4 bursts in total

You use 1 initial burst to enter FBM and from there you can use very powerful attacks that further consume Bursts you also unlock a limited skill that can "Break" opponents, a status I made that greatly reduces stats on enemies, some monsters will be really strong so breaking them is important to deal that final blow

Last edited:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a demo available yet?

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a demo available yet?
Not yet but it is in the works I commissioned alot of great artists so once I get a few more things back I'll be settting up a demo in the first city, till then I'm fine tuning mechanics and aesthetics so please stay tuned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaporware_Studios