Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
KQRnuCu.png
The Tale of Responsibility and a Legendary Lie

SYNOPSIS:

A long time ago, the Great Hero and his party fought against evil and saved the world from darkness.
In the final battle, the Hero had to sacrifice himself for the world, and since then his legend is known throughout the land.

In present day, a certain Knight from the Kingdom of Alpha unknowingly broke a seal and unleashed evil onto the world. But what’s this? Why is the monster… just like the Great Hero!?

The Great Hero has returned, but now, he has fallen to the dark side! It is up to our Knight to take responsibility for the trouble he unleashed! Explore the land, meet new friends/allies, and save the world from the Fallen Hero!

CHARACTERS:

A1PWY0k.png

Name: Rai
"A witty young man with a dream of becoming a hero.
He's a knight and a magic user who holds the power of Light.
Though he may be naïve, he's in no way dumb."

B0Ft0Jd.png

Name: Caesar
"A cold and stoic Knight.
He's Rai's childhood friend and rival who is famous for his achievements."

971jpPc.png

Name: Marsha
"A cheerful, kind, and outgoing girl.
She's Rai's and Caesar's childhood friend who works part-time at a bar."

LlDiBpU.png

Name: Alyssa
"A mysterious girl with mysterious powers.
She's rude and cold but deep down, she's not all that bad."

VsNpwsC.png

Name: Holly
"An Elf with unbelievable intelligence and reasoning skills.
She and Alyssa seem to be connected in some way."

SCREENSHOTS:

7gYToNz.png
I6qqIB9.png
mNzj3kj.png
A0ctKiK.png
ZK6hk1l.png
BJ19cNT.png

FEATURES:
  • General Information -
    • Genre - Fantasy, RPG
    • Engine - RPG Maker MV​
    • Combat Type - Turn-Based RPG​
    • Estimated Hours of Play - 4-5 Hours​
  • Critical Thinking - Minigame where you have to solve questions and mysteries by using context and dialog. You can turn it off in the settings, but you'll get extra stats if you pull it off perfectly!​
  • Side Quests - There are some side quests you can do to gain bonus EXP and items!
  • Item/Skill-Based Puzzles - Use Items and Skills to solve puzzles! Knock boulders down with magic or climb walls with ropes.
  • Combination Moves - Combine forces with an ally and perform combination moves on stunned enemies!
  • Elemental Weakness - Certain monster types are weak to certain elements, exploit it!
  • Elemental Combo - Certain status ailments apply an elemental weakness to an enemy, this will be really useful.
  • Easy to Follow Story - The story is quite simple and easy, though the lore is pretty interesting.

LINK TO GAME:
Before I give the link,
these are some issues that I know about
:
1. Party member select window from the equip command in the shop looks pretty weird
If you found more, please do tell!

DOWNLOAD LINK
(Please excuse me, at the current moment download is unavailable)

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this post or even to play my game, thank you very much for giving me a chance. Please send critiques and feedback so I could improve the game even further!

CREDITS:
RPG Maker MV:
- Enterbrain

Generator Parts:
- Pearl484
- maigmemple
- Hiddenone
- EJ
- Iliketea

Plugins:
- Yanfly
- Himeworks
- SRDude - (http://sumrndm.site/)
- Galv
- Karberus
- Moghunter (Atelier RGSS)
- Khas
- Shio_inu
- Fornoreason1000
- Victor Saint
- Driftwood Gaming
- Bobstah
- JahwsUF
- Fugama
- Kurambon (くらむぼん)
- CTB
- Gilgamar & AUXturnA
- mjshi
- Michael Caiola
- BrianKB
- continuumg
- caethyril
- Casper Gaming - (https://www.caspergaming.com)
- Olivia Fallen Angel
- Maliki79
- Fenrirknight
- wayneee95
- Sigureya

Music:
- Wingless Seraph - https://www.wingless-seraph.net
- Royalty free music from https://www.fesliyanstudios.com
- http://www.freesoundslibrary.com
- GFX Sounds Youtube Channel
- 魔王魂 - https://maoudamashii.jokersounds.com/

SV Actors:
- RavenBlackbird
- Resources Used - Haydeos, Bokou
- Hiddenone
- Holder

Weapons:
- whtdragon & YogiKun
- Hiddenone
- Astrea

Windowskin:
- HIddenone
- SkottyTV

Character Sprites:
- whtdragon
- Avery
- Chalkdust
- Boukou
- Tonbi@Tobishima-Factory
- Holder

Sideview:
- Aekashics

Overlay:
- Hudell and Chaucer

Tilesets:
- whtdragon
- PandaMaru
- Candacais
- Avery
- Indrah
- LadyBaskerville
- Starbird
- Synthian Bard
- Alilali and kadokawa
- Com_Show
- dragoonwys
- InfamousBonBon
- BIT/O https://bit-orchard.hatenablog.com/
- metsss https://twitter.com/metsss0221

Icon:
- Avery
- KanaX
- BonBon

HUD:
- Sinnistars

Animations:
- Timmah/LexusX
- TTKOZ
- Cuprite
- The Free Archives © Dreams Circle
- Vibrato008

Generator Parts:
- Hiddenone
- MutationIvori
- Maigmemple
- Enterbrain
- Liberty
- Boukou
- Yunary
- KaiWeWi

Faceset:
- Lord Bordago
- Jalen
- Palxan and Verdibona

Battle Background:
- Lanea Zimmerman
- Elhijei

Font:
- https://www5.flamingtext.com/

Sword Art on the Title:
<a href="https://www.seekpng.com/ipng/u2q8e6t4u2o0y3t4_sword-vector-png-erzas-sword/" target="_blank">Sword Vector Png - Erza's Sword @seekpng.com</a>

Special Thanks to:
- Alexander
- Ferdinand
- Deco

If there are any people who I forgot to credit, please let me know. We can't let your work go unnoticed!

Hello everyone! My name's Skychord and this is the first project I've decided to post here. Making games is way harder than I anticipated, and my once small project suddenly turned big. In this first game project, I wanted to see how far I can push the MV engine and to what extent is my own capacity in game-making.

Since this is, of course, a first project, I decided to keep it simple. It's designed to be a generic RPG game, inspired largely by Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest. Thank you everyone for reading, and I promise that I will definitely most likely finish this game. Once again, thank you, have a nice day.

Last edited:

RivalRamen_Games

Dimensional Drifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! This looks amazing!
I can't wait to try it! Methinks I'll suck do good at Critical Thinking!
The old hero being the main villain really mystifies me! Why did he turn to the dark side? What happened with the original BBEG? And will I fail succeed at Critical Thinking?
All this and more, in the next episode of Fallen Hero's Journey!

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, I played it for about an hour. You have a nice happy and adventurous feel going on and the sprites and graphics and music add to that. Having sprites with different expressions really adds to the liveliness, as do the numerous NPCs in the city. Here are a couple of random thoughts:

-I'd maybe add some music to the intro scene
-What is the technology level actually supposed to be? The kitchens looked kind of modern...
-I'd think with your visuals having the monsters appear on the field as some type of sprites would really add to it
-I'd increase the size of your character battler sprites (unless it starts taking too much space with multiple characters later on)

Skychord

Generic
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! This looks amazing!
I can't wait to try it! Methinks I'll suck do good at Critical Thinking!
The old hero being the main villain really mystifies me! Why did he turn to the dark side? What happened with the original BBEG? And will I fail succeed at Critical Thinking?
All this and more, in the next episode of Fallen Hero's Journey!
Thank you so much for taking a look! Don't worry, I believe you'll do excellent at Critical Thinking! It's not hard... I think. So far, people have said that it was simple enough, there's no actual downside to failing it, probably just the main character being embarrassed of himself!

Okay, I played it for about an hour. You have a nice happy and adventurous feel going on and the sprites and graphics and music add to that. Having sprites with different expressions really adds to the liveliness, as do the numerous NPCs in the city. Here are a couple of random thoughts:

-I'd maybe add some music to the intro scene
-What is the technology level actually supposed to be? The kitchens looked kind of modern...
-I'd think with your visuals having the monsters appear on the field as some type of sprites would really add to it
-I'd increase the size of your character battler sprites (unless it starts taking too much space with multiple characters later on)
Thank you so much too for trying the game! For your thoughts:
- I might consider putting music. It isn't there now since the inspiration for the scene doesn't have music either.
- Technology level wise... eh... It's hard to say. There is some lore about it in the game, but it's nit referring to the kitchen. I'll take a look at it
- So true, I also have a feeling that on-field enemies might be better, the dungeon feels too empty even with all of those excessive decorations.
- I tried increasing it early on, but found out it took too much space in battle

Thanks for your thoughts and consideration! I must say, I also really like the look of your game, hope it works out! Once again, thank you

Last edited:

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-3:40 1 pixel overlapping the sprite
-battle results too slow* very annoying in the long run** was being worse with more party members*** main reason why l started to escape all fights
-maybe do another road with the rocks at start of forest because it took me 20 mins to realize l could jump over there*nevermind its a secret area l thought it was for the main quest
-l had to go to the game maker to find l needed 2 log and gunpowder somehow but l tried those already and it didnt work. this part really needs to be more clear that you need to select gunpowder then the logs
-l was doing just fine against the boss but all of a sudden my character says hes giving up then transforming up like a pokemon like wtf* just make the boss harder so its a losing battle
-can rest when you have to hurry
-says boat northwest of town when it was northeast
-bug with mouse when trying to target the second actor*fixed if clicking on sprites instead
-too many encounters and too easy*option to autoescape if you are higher lvl than the area or on touch encounter needed
-boulder moved when l went forward by accident then have to do the whole way back, id do action press to move instead of just touching to move
-message that the boulder will magically move back reappeared after reentering the area, probably a bug
-why im unable to do quick slash while having counter shield up nothing tell me l cant do that
-l guess those names alpha beta kingdoms are placeholders
-tp abilities cost are stupid, you cant do them on the first turn since you always start with 0 tp but after that you can spam them due to low tp cost
-maid very scuffed since they can see you even without looking at you and if you get detected but manage to escape they stay bugged on their pathing so you have to reload
-letting me go if l become a servant? doesnt make sense
-confusing state effects, l was seeing weak to fire/light but one state was probably fire resistance then attacking with earth was still weak
-junk items should be put in a separate tab
-assassin

the story was entertaining, way more than most in progress games ive played so far, you didnt give 2 ****s about killing off a bunch main characters right away.
the big problem is in the battle system, the difficulty is way too easy, no original skills, the TP system is a gimmick and the states are confusing. had 1 revive only for the entire game. vampire illusion form was useless since you could easily counter it with aoe spell, poison out of combat was just annoying since healing cost almost no mana that can be regenerated easily by spam guarding in a fight, battle camera was all over the place which can make some people dizzy.

Skychord

Generic
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-3:40 1 pixel overlapping the sprite
-battle results too slow* very annoying in the long run** was being worse with more party members*** main reason why l started to escape all fights
-maybe do another road with the rocks at start of forest because it took me 20 mins to realize l could jump over there*nevermind its a secret area l thought it was for the main quest
-l had to go to the game maker to find l needed 2 log and gunpowder somehow but l tried those already and it didnt work. this part really needs to be more clear that you need to select gunpowder then the logs
-l was doing just fine against the boss but all of a sudden my character says hes giving up then transforming up like a pokemon like wtf* just make the boss harder so its a losing battle
-can rest when you have to hurry
-says boat northwest of town when it was northeast
-bug with mouse when trying to target the second actor*fixed if clicking on sprites instead
-too many encounters and too easy*option to autoescape if you are higher lvl than the area or on touch encounter needed
-boulder moved when l went forward by accident then have to do the whole way back, id do action press to move instead of just touching to move
-message that the boulder will magically move back reappeared after reentering the area, probably a bug
-why im unable to do quick slash while having counter shield up nothing tell me l cant do that
-l guess those names alpha beta kingdoms are placeholders
-tp abilities cost are stupid, you cant do them on the first turn since you always start with 0 tp but after that you can spam them due to low tp cost
-maid very scuffed since they can see you even without looking at you and if you get detected but manage to escape they stay bugged on their pathing so you have to reload
-letting me go if l become a servant? doesnt make sense
-confusing state effects, l was seeing weak to fire/light but one state was probably fire resistance then attacking with earth was still weak
-junk items should be put in a separate tab
-assassin

the story was entertaining, way more than most in progress games ive played so far, you didnt give 2 ****s about killing off a bunch main characters right away.
the big problem is in the battle system, the difficulty is way too easy, no original skills, the TP system is a gimmick and the states are confusing. had 1 revive only for the entire game. vampire illusion form was useless since you could easily counter it with aoe spell, poison out of combat was just annoying since healing cost almost no mana that can be regenerated easily by spam guarding in a fight, battle camera was all over the place which can make some people dizzy.

Hello hello! Thank you, thank you, thank you soo much for even giving my game a chance, let alone giving me detailed feedback on some things. I really appreciate how you actually went through 5 whole hours of my game even after you commented on how you really dislike the battle system, it really means a lot.

All of your comments and feedback have been noted, especially on the battle system.
I've addressed this in my afterword, but the vision for this game is that I want to make this a standard vanilla generic stereotypical RPG with a somewhat interesting story, so those Alpha/Beta and almost 0 originality skills were intended as so.
For the battle system, I'll make sure to fix it, so it becomes somewhat challenging and less frustrating.

Also some addition:
You can always turn off the battle camera in the options menu.

Anyways, thank you so much, I'll make sure that this game will be more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration
grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollagiovanni