Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
How do you make non-player controlled animations/gadgets fall when they walk over a precipice? I just finished reading Tutorial 3 on Basic Platforming and decided to put an enemy Penguin on a ledge so it would fall to the player's rear; however, instead the penguin floats across the opposing wall and then returns. Why is it that the human player knows when to fall but not AI-controlled characters? And how do I fix my floating Penguin problem?

EDIT: Solved problem by editing gravity settings for Penguin under "Gadgets" > "Moving and Jumping Settings."

floatingpenguin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You just need to give the penguin some gravity under the gadget's "Moving And Jumping Settings" tab. Set it up the same as the player and the penguins will fall like they should.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I figured that out shortly after I posted. Sort of jumped the gun. Thanks anyway. :)

EDIT: This thread can also be closed. Issue resolved.

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bestringtonesnett