Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
How do you make non-player controlled animations/gadgets fall when they walk over a precipice? I just finished reading Tutorial 3 on Basic Platforming and decided to put an enemy Penguin on a ledge so it would fall to the player's rear; however, instead the penguin floats across the opposing wall and then returns. Why is it that the human player knows when to fall but not AI-controlled characters? And how do I fix my floating Penguin problem?

EDIT: Solved problem by editing gravity settings for Penguin under "Gadgets" > "Moving and Jumping Settings."

floatingpenguin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You just need to give the penguin some gravity under the gadget's "Moving And Jumping Settings" tab. Set it up the same as the player and the penguins will fall like they should.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I figured that out shortly after I posted. Sort of jumped the gun. Thanks anyway. :)

EDIT: This thread can also be closed. Issue resolved.

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilyrich