darkmatter404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all, quick question.

Fallout 1 and 2 have a system where you've got action points (AP) every "turn" in combat and you can use those for a variety of actions, like moving, attacking, opening inventory, etc. When you run out of AP, you can't move any more, and it then becomes someone else's turn. Once it loops back to you, your AP is refilled and you can go again.

For RPG Maker MV, I want to do something similar. Once it's your turn, instead of moving once and consuming a finite amount of some resource (MP, SP), could it instead let you move until your action points are gone?

Is there some kind of plugin that could be modified to do this? I have no scripting knowledge.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Requests. Thank you.

I've played Fallout 1 and if you want that in full the entire battle system will need to be rewritten + a good AI mod will be needed. Odds are low that will be made for free much as I hate to say it as battle systems take years to write. But maybe someone has something already made that they haven't shared yet?

darkmatter404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I should probably rephrase a bit just incase the situation isn't how I posed it to be.

I don't need a real time battle system, hexagonal spaces, AI improvements or anything like that. Everything vanilla is perfectly fine except I just need a system where instead of your turn being you move once, you move until your energy bar is empty I have no idea how hard just that part of it would be, and it might not be possible, but it's not a full battle system recreation I need.

I've checked around and haven't found anything though.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I am understanding this correctly, you are looking for a system where each character has a certain number of "action points" where each action they do (attack, item, spell) takes up a set amount of action points until the character does not have any action points left to use. So a character with 4 actions points and an attack that takes 2 action points would be able to use said attack twice before their turn is considered over?

I think @DoubleX had a plugin that does something similar to this. It can be found here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/doublex-rmmv-action-cost.60556/#post-650318

Last edited:

darkmatter404

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They would be able to use it twice before their turn was over. The idea is that every turn you use all your Action Points, then every turn they completely refill. So if you have a max of 10, and an attack costs 2 and an item costs 5, you could use two items that turn, or 5 attacks, or an item and 2 attacks with one Action Point left over. Or, for whatever reason, if you don't want to use all your points up, you can just end the turn whenever you're ready (even if you have more points left).

Im not entirely sure about what that plugin does, but I'll try it out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png
All this anger everywhere,Who's happy but me?
Seems to be all the people that don't follow Jesus wholeheartedly. My smile might burn you ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sieuthitien