Fallout/Skyrim-style Chest System?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by The A-ster, Jan 4, 2019.

1. The A-ster

The A-ster Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I was playing Fallout 4 with my girlfriend earlier today and had an idea that I hadn't had in awhile. I have been wanting to make a system in my game similar to the looting system in Bethesda games. Being able to pick up and store items and weapons and armor and the like inside of different containers. I was starting to come up with ideas on how I could do this, but I have NO idea where to begin with the coding and scripting for this kind of mechanic! Does anyone think they can help me? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! :)

2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I use waynee95's Storage System plugin for making storage containers and such.

3. JDevain

JDevain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I never cared for the built-in inventory system at all. It seems very difficult for plugin developers to get around all the awkward hard-coded stuff, and make something elegant.

You could do this through eventing. I uploaded a demo here you can check out. This is a VERY simple version I whipped up, but it's enough you should get the idea and be able to expand on it, if you want. I realize that this demo is about as clumsy as the built-in system, but if you used something like Yanfly's Picture Common Events plugin along with it, you could make a nice graphical (and clickable) UI, rather than using the "show choices" options.

Anyway, hope this helps.

4. FiercestPixel

FiercestPixel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You're most definitely going to want to go with this sweet plugin combo.

Mr. Trivial's "Limited Inventory" and PrimeHover's "PH Warehouse". With these two active, I'm able to set the item amount cap limit of the player. When they need more inventory space they are later able to unload their loot into a storage container (with a limit you can set). There will also be a TON of database work for you to do (depending on your item count) but I think the new dynamic of making the player decide what to bring with them on there quest and what to leave behind is well worth the hours you will be spending getting everything set up juust right. Good luck!