*falls in* Oh, hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by MagiCat, Jul 7, 2019.

1. MagiCat

MagiCat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there! Picked up a copy of MV recently because it sounded like a fun thing to learn and would give my wife and I something to work on together.

As if we needed more to do. We’re setting up a little business for all the crafts and artwork we do, I sometimes hang around discord taking commissions when I have a lot of spare time, and work on writing stories and other little things.

For now we’ve been tooling around making little snippets to figure out the program based on some d&d campaigns we’ve done together. I’ve got one heck of a tutorial collection we’ve been following along with which has been fun.

I used to do a lot of spriting when I was still in school and do a lot of digital artwork nowadays, and find making assets a lot of fun. We both write but she tends to write more often and do more traditional artwork, so we make a pretty good team for this sort of thing.

I’ve got a couple pets (two cats, two ferrets, and two oscars) but when we move here in about a month I’ll have to rehome the fish. My in-laws are graciously letting us stay with them to escape some things and asked me not to bring them. A friend is taking them until we get our own place so that’s nice.

Between the two of us we also have a collection of nice plants. Some peppers, a Thai basil, some succulents, a wandering jew, and a big ficus.

I like drawing, crafting, needlepoint, sculpting—you name it I probably like doing it. Except painting pictures. I like painting figures but pictures aren’t my jam. Animals are incredibly important to me and I kind of obsess over my pets a bit.

Anyway that’s probably enough babbling for now. Nice to meet you!

PhxFire and standardplayer like this.
  2. standardplayer

standardplayer Keeper of Kitties Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, welcome to the forums, feel free to ask any questions you might have, everyone here is super helpful.

I've always wanted to try D&D but where I grew up, it was a friend repellent. I eventually found out someone I knew used to play, but back then he kept it secret. Nowadays it seems like too much to get into for my fiance and I.

Anyway happy to have new folks here, have fun and don't forget to reach out for help!

3. MagiCat

MagiCat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Will do thank you!

standardplayer likes this.
  4. Switz

Switz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone else have to google what a Oscar is? haha

Welcome to the community!

5. MagiCat

MagiCat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!

Yeah they’re large fish. Very big and I have raised them from babies.