Famitsu Character Generator Commerical use

Render

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The title says all. Could you use Famitsu's Character Generator for Commerical Purposes? Is there a Terms of use I could see?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We might be able to help you if you provide a link to the character generator - those of us who never heard of it can't answer without a link to go where to check for your question...

West Mains

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index2.html

I believe this is what Render meant. I could be wrong.

If it is, I don't see that there's much of it that isn't part of RPM's core package. Maybe some hairstyles or something. But eitherway it'd be very hard to prove you actually took them directly from Famitsu, unless you went and admitted it, of course. Even then, they're allowing free use of the generator and are probably aware of how it's being used. I'd be surprised if they took issue with it, but to be on the safe side why not try and get in touch via their twitter account?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If that's the generator he meant then it was made to be used in the Maker products.  From the shoddy Google translation I would say it's under the same license as the RTP.

Render

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So to be correct

It is under the license of the RTP?

M3shyS

Hero!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's something you have to contact them for.

If you did use it, no it wouldn't be illegal as from my understanding they did not specifically say you can't use it for commercial purposes, therefore invalid case to sue you. This is assuming on release of your product, the terms haven't been updated and you can archive the terms upon release.

This said, the correct thing to do is to ASK.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It says the generator is based on sprites from looseleaf, so yes, they can be used commercially. Make sure you give proper credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Chibi Chara Tsukuru (ちびキャラツクール), the generator on the Famitsu site, can be used with any Maker product from what I'm reading.  You need permission to use them in any non-Maker product.

Many of the parts of it are built into VX Ace sprite generator.

You want to credit that you used it in your game and you can use it in both free & commercial projects from what I can tell.

Loose Leaf has another generator on this site. 

http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/

Better suited to use fo RPG Maker XP.  That does have exact terms of use listed for it.

You can use characters generated in it it for free and commercial games, but you do need to give a credit that used the generator from what it says in the text.

Master100000

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
You guys are amazing for answering this thank you. I was about to aks this question.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For future reference, if you come across a Japanese site and you are not 100% sure of the terms, check out slimmmeiske2's thread where she has kindly translated a vast number of them.  If you give her the url, she will translate new ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperYao