Fanservice / Hentai content in MV?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by felsenstern, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There was talk about a special scifi folder somewhere in MV.

After seeing through all the downloads I made, I couldn't find anything ecchi or fanservingly. Now whilst I have nothing against such things at all, I still would like to know where this folder is located. I was going to buy one more copy for my grandnephew for christmas but if this is part of MV... Well, can someone point me to the folder, so I can get an idea about what we are talking about?

Not sure what to say about including fanservice into a now international product, but I am happy that we didn't get censored as well.

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Shaz posted about it here.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has been removed - maybe quickly enough that it's no longer included in downloads.

It was here:

BaseResource > special

If you don't have that folder, it means it's already been removed.

If you want it, it will be available for you separately.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Post above me hidden as we don't have word yet on whether we can share these resources by posting publicly.

Please do not post the images. If he wants them, he can ask for them, and they can be sent privately.

They can NOT be shared with people who have not preordered, so if anyone PMs and asks for them, do not just go ahead and provide them. Remember someone was banned for that not too long ago.

5. Galebourn

Galebourn Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Eh, kinda feels bad that images we've paid for get removed. Maybe they should add it again as age-restricted dlc or something, but just removing it feels a bit odd to me.

6. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    So, a resource request for those would be a private message to you,  then?

Looked at the other thread; I can certainly find uses for the less explicit ones, at least. The... popsicle one will probably be forever neglected, though. o_O

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Different cultures handle things differently - remember that there are cultures where it is considered obscene if a woman shows her face in public.

From what I heard those pictures were added last minute from Japan, and the japanese culture is not as obsessed with some things as some western cultures.

I've only seen the small versions in an overview screenshot and couldn't see any details, but from what I've seen in that overview there was nothing hentai in it and that pack would have been considered FSK12 here in Germany as well - there were one or two pictures that might have been borderline for that age-12-rating here in Germany, but most probably they wouldn't have caused any comments here either.

And I kow for fact that there are other European countries that are even less restricted than our laws.

8. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To be honest, what was paid for was the engine and in-engine resources.  Anything beyond that was a free add-on, so I'm not all that upset about it.  Even if I never got it, wouldn't have mattered to me.  I can totally see how this would offend some people, especially those with children under a certain age, so I'm glad they acted so quickly.

@Shaz, it was just a screenshot, so not sure they could have done anything with it without doing a lot of work to cut them out seeing as the other thread that was linked actually has a copy of one of the resource in a quote, but I understand why you did it.

Rose Guardian likes this.
  9. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well some of us (regardless of cultural standpoint) also think it ok with cultural standpoint heck even the majority of Filipino teen I meet also watch anime series with such content and some don't (mostly in a cultural standpoint it would be consider offensive) . It depends on the person in question. I mean if your an american you also like or understand something that is consider offensive with the other american. So it still depends on the person. Like some steam game like certain Visual Novel games if upon changing the setting or getting the special code from the dev or download from the official site. Can get the "Uncensored Patch" for free if the person want it. Hopefully it would be available upon request of the person.

10. Alopexdog

Alopexdog artist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I pre-ordered on steam (and have to wait till 6 o'clock to download it -_-...)  Do you know if it's included in that package?

Edit: I just saw your other comment on it in another thread. I'd prefer not to have it as I make games with my 6 year old daughter.

11. Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To be honest I read the topic about this. I myself don't care about fan service, or whatever. I am twenty nine years old. However I do agree that those resources shouldn't be posted in the forum, even as a download. There are kids under eighteen who use RPG Maker. Just thought I'd point this out, not trying to upset you, or make you mad.

12. Jomarcenter

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think it could be available but upon request instead.

maybe like only people who know or find out about it can request it.

Make it as a separate download or as a request. Maybe put some disclaimer before download such contents.

13. Malzir

Malzir Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I've been and work all day and missed out on the extra images. How can one obtain them now?

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    From Shaz's post in the original thread about this

15. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    this is super offensive content, it should not be released at all. 

16. Jomarcenter

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For you it is but for the others... It could not be offensive to them Included me in which case I believed that offensive content are actually not offensive and gives openness in creativity and idea. and since were paying for everything that is included even the accidental one of special contents ones. It like if you like that Ecchi content activated on your steam version of a certain Visual Novel that is available on steam. Some of which can be activated via a "Uncensored Patch" or when you buy it outside of steam (like in certain VNs also)

17. Baka-chan

Baka-chan ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    If you just look at the currently airing anime in japan you will know that this is nothing offensive in their point of view when they created those resources. If people really want those resources they should be able to get it and those that don't want it should just not download it. Many kids these days watch Animes with even more offensive characters then you could find inside that resource pack. Some people don't like war or fights, some don't like skin. Everyone can decide by themself if they want to download it.

It would be something completly different if there were real hentai images involved or even just showing nipples, but those images are still just in the safe area. In case of parents letting their kids develop rpgs they should take care of what they allow their kids to use and not use.

18. Malzir

Malzir Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It's not offensive to me. *shrug*

The solution of on request or providing a link to a download is suitable.

19. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    But that was the problem. It was not a request for a link or a separate download; it was right there in the main email. Who finds it offensive or not offensive doesn't really matter, the fact that these resources exist isn't the problem (well I'd argue that popsicle loli girl is, but whatever), whether or not they are standard issue anime fodder is moot - it was NOT something that should have been bundled with the main program. Shaz has already said that they'll work on a way to release the zip to people outside of that (Which is good, because there are some interesting resources in other folders) It's not like they're saying "OMG no one should have this stuff!! It will now be purged from the universe!"

Personally, I think they made the right decision by pulling it for now and working out some other way to release it later.

20. monsterfurby

monsterfurby Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Being offended is a conscious decision that is maybe a bit too entrenched in some cultures. It's not something that happens unless people want to be offended.

I don't think removing these assets is the right choice and regardless of their content they should be made available to users who want them. I'm not saying they are integral of the product, but anything not included vs. the original version results in less content for the money.

Publishers of other Steam games with ecchi content tend to generally provide an off-Steam download to the missing assets/an uncensor patch. In the case of RMMV, it should be easy to just offer a separate download.

Malzir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.