ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am not sure what forum is best to place something like this. It's an error with the official product, but also I need a fixed version... not sure if the product from the original creators store is messed up too, or if I shouldnt have gotten it cheaper on this site and that is why, haha.

I recently bought this pack from this sites store. But there is an obvious graphical error that leaves me completely dumbfounded.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/rpg-maker-mv-tileset/fantastic-buildings-medieval

You can see the same building in the screenshot at the bottom of this page. Obviously, what I get looks nothing like it.

Attached are two pictures. WTF is what it looks like in game. WTF 2 is if I pull the assets in photoshop. Not only is the alignment off, but there is obviously a missing piece of art that leaves a gap after correctly aligning it. However, I also have no idea how to make this alignment work on the sheet itself.

Thank you!

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
some of the pictures in those packs are NOT tilesets, they are intended for use in parallax mapping and as such can't be placed in tileset slots.

please tell us the name of the file with that building, then we can tell you if it is a tilesheet or not - and if not you can only use it with an image program in parallax maps.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZankokuNoYami Just an FYI, Resource Requests is for getting help finding resources, not for help with them. Paid packs have their own section if you're having issues.

I've moved this thread to Celianna Resource Packs. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are not parallax resources. The tile sheets are named B, C, D, E. The product page also says "just select them and drop them on the map" and makes no mention of parallaxing.

You got it cheaper here because of this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/new-releases-summer-sale-original-character-contest-ii.111929/

Edit: I have that pack, and it only has resources for Ace in my version (which is dated 2016). But the product page says it's optimised for Ace and MV. Does your download include two versions? I'm thinking you're just using the Ace version in MV, which isn't going to work. If it doesn't include 2 versions for the different engines, the product page is wrong.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looking at the bit of the tile set in your editor that we can see from screenshot one, it looks as if the turret is separate from the main part of the building. In which case, possibly you have placed it one tile too far to the left, as it is displaced by that amount, and the sloping section extends one tile too far to the side.

EDIT
I've just checked my copy of that pack and I'm pretty sure I'm right, because the turret is quite separate. This is a mapping error, not a pack error.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ZankokuNoYami Just an FYI, Resource Requests is for getting help finding resources, not for help with them. Paid packs have their own section if you're having issues.
[move]Celianna Resource Packs[/move]
Gah, there was a forum for it! I looked and couldnt find it, this seemed to be the closest. But I knew it felt off. Sorry about that!

These are not parallax resources. The tile sheets are named B, C, D, E. The product page also says "just select them and drop them on the map" and makes no mention of parallaxing.

You got it cheaper here because of this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/new-releases-summer-sale-original-character-contest-ii.111929/

Edit: I have that pack, and it only has resources for Ace in my version (which is dated 2016). But the product page says it's optimised for Ace and MV. Does your download include two versions? I'm thinking you're just using the Ace version in MV, which isn't going to work. If it doesn't include 2 versions for the different engines, the product page is wrong.
Mine does say MV. I think there were two choices when downloading... but the one I have installed in MV. And all the other assets line up except this one.

Looking at the bit of the tile set in your editor that we can see from screenshot one, it looks as if the turret is separate from the main part of the building. In which case, possibly you have placed it one tile too far to the left, as it is displaced by that amount, and the sloping section extends one tile too far to the side.

EDIT
I've just checked my copy of that pack and I'm pretty sure I'm right, because the turret is quite separate. This is a mapping error, not a pack error.
What do you mean? Because I have tried moving it over in all directions and it's always off either way. I cant get the turret (I think that is the pointy part of the roof, right?) to line up no matter what I do in the system. Or do you mean there is another piece I need on a different tileset?

I attached another picture of all the possibly places I can place it.

I could just be completely misunderstanding, and I apologize. I am still pretty new to MV's way of doing tilesets... so I could just be super dumb right now.

Thank you all for your help thus far!

Attachments

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ZankokuNoYami Actually, I think you might be right.
I have just tried to map with that particular tile sheet (it's one I have which I have never actually used) and it is off by about half a tile.

There is a way to fix this in an image program, GIMP, paint.NET are both free if you don't have one. I can't do this for you as I only have the Ace version, not the MV one. What you would need to do is this:
Open up a blank image, set the grid to 48x48. Open that tile sheet as well.
Take the top row of the building and copy it onto the blank. Make sure that it is lined up correctly, using the central section as your guide.
Copy all the sections of the turret, including the side pieces onto the same sheet.
Adjust it until it lines up.
Delete the original and copy back the tiles, this time with the correct alignment.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps @Celianna can check if it's an issue in her original work as well, and provide an updated version on her own site and on the RPGMakerWeb store & steam.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might as well throw this in as another issue. While the art is gorgeous some of the doors don't line up, they sit in between tiles. There are many buildings like the following. I imagine the issue is that it was 6 x 32 pixels wide in VX Ace and in MV its 4 x 48.

Capture.PNG

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems it is a alignment error, I shall fix it.

@padr81 that is not an issue, but a stylistic choice. These buildings were meant to be used as parallax materials first, tilesets second. Doors are not meant to be walked up to, they're just decoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedon