Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Fantasy Farming: Orange Season - Version 0.2.8

Orange Town was once a place with no future. People were moving away with their kids, searching for better places to live and few remained there. One of those kids was Julia, who always dreamt of going back to her hometown. She studied business in college and along with her siblings, went back there with the dream of improving the town so that families no longer had any reason to move away. Thanks to her hard work, business in Orange Town improved a lot under her leadership, making it so that young people moved there looking for opportunities instead.

You're one of those people, with your own dream: to become a farmer, have a piece of land you can call your own and make your living from it. An unusual dream, but one that your parents fully supported after hearing you tell about it for years and years. Now that you're finally old enough, they bought you a piece of land and wished you luck, hoping that someday you'll pay them back.

Orange Season is a farm life simulator made with Rpg Maker MV, inspired by games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and Animal Crossing.

I've been working in this project since september of 2014. The project thread has been up since december of that same year. It was first started in Rpg Maker Vx Ace using Celianna's Rural Farm Tiles, but after the release of Rpg Maker MV I started it all over again using Sharm's Pixel Myth: Germania.

It is now available on Early Access so that I can receive more feedback from the community. Listening to what they like and dislike about it, I hope to make a great game.

Game Features:

• High focus on exploration, with over a hundred hand crafted areas (mountains, forests, caves, lakes, deserts and much more).
  • Three different towns, with different themes and dozens of characters each.
  • Several festivals inspired by real life festivities from around the world.
  • More than 30 different types of animals.
  • Many different types of farm produce.
  • Marriage system with over 10 marriage candidates.
  • Rival Marriage system, without predefined couples.
  • Farm customization (you can move your buildings around and place objects on the floor).
  • Several minigames.
  • Share a single farm and inventory across different save files, so you can marry different villagers without replaying the whole game.
  • Companion System: You can ask a villager to hang out with you, or take one of your animals for a walk. They will follow you and participate on everything you do.
  • Mod System: Every single detail of the game can be modified by installing mods on them.
  • Open Source: The whole game code will be available on release, so modders can change anything they want.

* Not all of those features are available on the early access version, check the store page for more info.

Screenshots:

6yxGhR.png
1iY7Tc.png

dh%2Fn%2BB.png
g1KNd8.png

e4qR%2FU.png
LSdXvd.png

Store Page:

Demo Download (Steam):

Game Trailer:

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Congrats for getting it this far. Hope it goes well.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love Orange Season from the very beginning. Yay for same-sex marriages allowed :kaojoy:

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on getting on Steam! What a great accomplishment!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What does exactly that mean @Hudell ? We can watch someone playing OS or what?
Discord is a chat application where anyone can create a server. A discord server is basically like a community.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Discord is a chat application where anyone can create a server. A discord server is basically like a community.
Oh, I see! So is there any way to play OS multiplayer?!?! O_O

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still don't get it then...do we need that server? So it works like a community forum or sth, right? *sorry, I know that qiestion can be dumb*

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Still don't get it then...do we need that server? So it works like a community forum or sth, right? *sorry, I know that qiestion can be dumb*
Yeah, it's just for chatting with other people who also play the game. Basically the same thing as a forum, in a simpler format.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it's just for chatting with other people who also play the game. Basically the same thing as a forum, in a simpler format.
Thanks for making it clear.

yoda

U Game Me (developer) - The dude that does stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sup Hudell. Thanks for your help with those cool plugins for MV. Your game looks great btw. I hope everyone supports it and gets a copy. I'm putting it on my wish list :).

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Update 0.2.8: http://hudell.com/blog/orange-season-update-0-2-8/

Since the last time I've updated this thread, there has been a lot of cool stuff added to the game: a lot of new areas, the companion system, new tasks, new NPCs, new conversations, sprinklers and even a huge recoloring of the tilesets.

Random screenshot:

Fishing4-678x381.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.
Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarAngel969