Ok, I played it for like 2 hours and got to day 8! Here's my feedback.
Let's start with the good:
- I really like that the HUD disappears when you move to the top left corner. Awesome little touch!
- I said it before, but the music is awesome. I wish there was an indoors theme as well.
- Big to explore, sometimes a bit too vast.
- The option to teleport home is really
useful, too bad I discovered it on day 4, after I've been rushing home past midnight because I was exploring too far in the mountains to find the hammer. It'd be nice if it was mentioned in the tutorial.
- I do like the charm the characters have, very cheeky.
- Everything for the planting crops and using tools seem to work perfectly!
- I liked the quests in there, as well as being able to read/write letters.
And the feedback:
- There are random times the game thinks I have a button pressed. It'll skip me through dialogue, it'll make my character walk left, or it will sort through the inventory - all the while I haven't pressed a single thing. It appears completely random. I don't have any controllers plugged in. I think it happens after I've pressed a button myself, although it has also happened when I simply booted up the game again, and he started walking left.
- Not being able to walk over crops, you're going to annoy everyone if you leave that in :x
- No mouse support
- No storage to place my items in. I had to resort to dumping them on the floor in my house.
- I really dislike that going indoors means the screen tints darker. I find it depressing, when the game should otherwise feel cheerful and bright.
- Actually a bigger issue I have with changing from Rural Farm Tiles to Pixel Myth is that everything is darker and moodier, and I honestly feel there's too much dirt in the maps that give everything a gloomier feel. There's no cheerful brick roads and the houses aren't colourful either - but that's because you're limited to the Pixel Myth tileset. I think it's mostly due to mapping not being your strongest point, because I know I've mapped with Pixel Myth before and I can get cheerful combinations.
- A map in the main menu would be nice, I'm still getting lost at day 8.
- Getting the hammer was way more annoying than it should be, since I still hadn't found it by day 7, even though I was exploring a lot in the mountains. Getting the sickle was fine though, that was fun.
- Still don't know where the fishing rod is D:
- I think time moves too fast, I feel rushed when exploring. This is also why it took me 7 days to find the hammer in the mountains because time was simply going by too fast.
- While I liked the quests, completing them felt lackluster with no reward. Give 5 turnips to this one guy, who says "ok thanks" and that's it. Perhaps, instead of hiding all the tools away from the player, the player gets all the basic tools from the start, but they'll have to pay back some of the villagers that gifted these tools. Kind of like how you have to pay for your house in Animal Crossing, except this time you have to pay your debt to the villagers for your tools. When everything is paid off, you get the option to improve them.
- NPC schedules felt lackluster, the world felt empty. I was very surprised to see three of them be outside at one point - since usually I don't see anyone. I'm guessing you don't have that many schedules evented yet? Are there more NPCs to come?