Fantasy Farming - Orange Season

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Hudell, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have had a few reports of this and even saw it happen on a stream. My only guess is that the game thinks there's a button pressed.
    The only way I managed to see the error happening here was to hold the mouse button down and press alt+tab, then release the button. This caused the game to think the mouse was still pressed. I've changed the game to completely ignore any mouse clicks now (even though I didn't use the mouse for anything, the clicks were still being processed and could be used to skip conversations)

Yeah, I heard a lot about this. I will have to change it. I didn't do it yet because I had placed all small crops on a separate layer for faster renderization and I need to change that.

It will come. Maybe in a month or two.

It's in the works. And items dumped on the floor won't disappear.

I've fixed the tint color.

@KanaX has been telling me this since forever. My plan is to animate everything I can and add more wild animals and travelers in town, so it will look more alive.

It will have a map one day, but since the world map is not finished yet I would have to update it everytime I change anything.

And I used to be worried that people would find all tools in the first day...
    I've increased the day length to 20 minutes (from 14.4 minutes before).
    The fishing rod is accessible only after day 6.

I've improved this on my last update.

Devin, Benjamin, Serge, Viktor, Raphael and Annie already have a schedule for the whole day (still repeating the same one everyday).
    Richard, Phi and Chloe have incomplete schedules.
    The others only stay in their current positions, but I'll finish one whole schedule for each this week.

Shugo likes this.
  2. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah right, you can't really make a map if everything is still subject to change.

Nice to hear about the 20 minutes a day now, I am way more relaxed playing the game now! And it looks soooo much better now that the tinting is gone indoors. Haven't gotten the moving bug either, but I haven't played for very long so it might still crop up.

Hmm, it's less about it being animated, and more about the general mood and placement of the tiles. Basically, I find there's too much dirt used in the maps (the map below your farm is the biggest culprit), it looks like a tribe instead of a nice little village. Pixel Myth has some nice cliffs with grass in TileA5 that you could use instead.

Hudell likes this.
  3. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think it should be in completed games section, yay! Good work, Brian @Hudell :rwink:

Hudell likes this.
  5. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    fizzly likes this.
  6. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mistral, SimProse, King Gerar and 3 others like this.
  7. FiercestPixel

FiercestPixel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey just downloaded the demo and it's been great so far, it's hard to believe this is an Mv game! Found a little something you might wanna look at though. As a reward can you tell me how you got that sexy grid inventory working? Haha Orange Season Glitch.png

8. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From what point did you enter the wall? There's probably a passage error in a tile.
    The grid inventory involved a lot of code to get working :X

9. FiercestPixel

FiercestPixel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Eww, code is a swear word for me. I was hoping it was just Jiffs plugin with a little tweaking.

Yeah, i was able to go through each of the light tiles in the mine, I even exited the map lol.

10. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, that's a demo only bug then. I've fixed it on the main game before. When the next update is ready I'll patch the demo as well.