Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

FarPine

FarPine.jpg

FarPine is a game I based on SyWhan.

However, the game is a lot different to SyWhan as the gameplay has small changes, but changes nonetheless. The story is a lot different and I have had a lot of planning and more structural time with this game. I believe this is much better than SyWhan maybe not in content but gameplay and everything else.

FarPine is a Planet that had peace at one point until all three countries (excluding islands) couldn't trust each other and had a lot of disappearances and murders in each country. They had investigated these murders and lead to all countries civillians.

You're the college student at ZCA (Zine College Academy).

However, when you leave college you begin to feel that the world has a very imbalanced system. Corrupt officials are con artists, scamming the good people of their countries. However, it is your choice whether you want to change it for the better or for worse. Your decisions will affect the outcome of the game. As the game progresses, you can choose to help the people or rule over people. However, who you help may affect gameplay/changes the way your game will progress.

As For the background of FarPine.

Farpine has 3 countries that held awards for the following;

- Best Trading Country

- Best Resources/Technology

- Best Landscape/Scenary

The awards go to, Pturo for Best Trading Country, Zine for Best Resources/Technology and Craturous for Best Landscape And Scenary.

They all once helped each other out and most islands remember this but since the war, Pturo lost the Best Trading Country as their business went down straight after as no island or country wanted war. Pturo is very damaged by the war. They have next to no army and no money, however they do still have their pride.

Gameplay/What's To Come!

Gameplay So Far

JP - Job Points to buy skills

Durability - Weapons and armour can be damaged

Subclasses - You can use a second class if you want to experience a different class.

Crafting System - You can craft your own material, you can even enhance some of your weapons too.

Party System - You can Add/Remove followers.

Day/Night System

More To Come

Fishing System - To catch fish you may need as ingredients to craft potions and what not

Currency System - Different Islands/Countries will have different currencies to make it more interesting.

Trading System - Where you can make items, weapons or armour and sell it to shops.

More choices

Right now I am looking for feedback and suggestions on how to improve this game and to make it shine as I am really glad how this game has turned out at this point (even though there isn't much).

However, I believe i will grow stronger in making games and I will improve on everything else. Any bugs or glitches let me know in the comments and I will fix them accordingly :).

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#F!K8sH1YBC!I_fxHPca47jqlhXy1V15-Q

Credits:

Yanfly - Plugins/JS

Steve - Game Design, Story And Development

Shaz - Plugins/JS

Mjishi - Plugins/JS

GameStailer94 - Plugins/JS

Dan "Liquidize" Deptula - Plugins/JS

Vlue - Plugins/JS

Mr. Trivel - Plugins/JS

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Stephen, I approved your project but please do not use the color blue or red text as this is reserved for moderators as stated in our rules. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I am interested in playing your game but the download speed is bugging me, could you find another provider or explain what I am doing wrong? I use drop box myself and that works great.

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm very sorry Archeia. Forgot haha.

I am interested in playing your game but the download speed is bugging me, could you find another provider or explain what I am doing wrong? I use drop box myself and that works great.
Erm, i am not entirely sure :/ mega is what i use as dropbox has limited space and i used it up with other projects XD. The only thing i recommend is maybe use a different browser?

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
The game looks interesting, but I love to see screenshots before downloading it.

Please, add some picture.

Thank you very much

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah, i am literally getting all that done now :). Just been working on a few bits for a reupload of the game :).

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I just tried to play it but it got stuck in the first fight, it is missing the crystals as pointers. To be honest the first thing that comes to my mind is; did you even check the game out yourself? That is a pretty obvious bug mate. Other than that I have some feedback;

- Every word starts with a capital letter? The English is pretty bad even for me (I am not a native speaker myself).

- I like how people say different things when you speak to them, but I found a girl (kid) that is talking about 'dead island' and saying 'I hope it doesn't spread to here' what makes me wonder; where are her parents!? 

- You have guns in your game but your sprites are from the medieval times, it is a really weird contrast, to be honest, I would go for one of the two not both. 

- I would like to have better pointers to where I need to go if you just let me walk freely because I had no idea where I would find the first guy. Maybe make use of the minimap or put a compass in or make it clearer in wich part I have to look.

- Your starting screen is kinda dull and I would not use the 'made with mv' sign just because there are many haters that bash starters about it if you post your demo somewhere else then here just because your game is made with MV. Only games that do not look like MV but are made with MV mostly shut the haters up. 

I suggest making your file size smaller but checking it better before you put it out because I only was able to play 10 min. now. All that said let me know when you made an update so when I have time I will check it out again. I would love some feedback on my own game too if you got the time. 

Cheers

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cheers dude. As for the caps on every word, i kinda liked it but i'll take it out XD. The splashscreen i will probably end up taking out. And cheers for the bug, unsure why that is happening :/. When i tested it, it was working perfect. Not sure why it ain't working now. As for the file size i literally took out the ones i was using :/. Also, the guns will be explained in the story :). I'm working on the college system but cheers for your feedback it is much appreciated :). And sure, i'll give you feedback :) it might take me time but yeah :) . Sorry bout my English I believe sometimes I make a lot of mistakes but I will defo go through them :) . but this is an early version of my game and this won't be the demo version of my game as it wouldn't be very good at presentation so. I'll let you know dude :) . Ah forgot to say, there were directions given to you by the parents but i'll make it a bit more obvious :) . However, i was inda planning on making it like that as if you wanted you can go and explore the world in the full version of the game instead of doing quests all the time like most games the quest system in this game is only used to help you progress through the world and even change it depending that was the main Idea :) . But i see your point :).

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
So if I am guessing it right you can just explore what you want but the main story line is kind of optional? Sounds pretty weird but at the same time interesting. Let me know when you got a new version and I will check it out (hoping I will not get stuck this time hahahah). 

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It might be a while as i really wanna make it different and what not and also practicing code and other bits on unity as well as working with a team but I am literally finishing up the college can't say what's going into it but there is a lot of stuff that will be used to help the player :). Also, having someone else proofread my work XD as i know i can mess up with my english sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tranphong