RMVXA Fast Quest [IGMC] A GAME GONE WRONG!

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So basically to give you the down low, I woke up on the day before the end of IGMC 2018 and made this little turd in roughly... 12 hours? Which meant I threw it out into the world as fast as I could, without bothering to test if that "if the timer reaches zero you get a game over" mechanic before doing so.

It was missing a pretty key part of that check. Namely the part that goes: "If timer = 0, do this"
so it just insta-game overs. Disqualifying it.

Distraught that my little baby bird smacked onto the concrete because I was in too much of a hurry to check it's parachute, I pulled the game from the IGMC and fixed this really minor, really stupid bug. Because even though it is an ugly baby that I don't like making eye contact with, it's still mine, and I do have a small amount of love for it.

So here is the fixed version of my entry. Don't expect anything amazing.

And let it be a lesson. Don't wait until the very end of the contest to upload your game. Because if I'dve noticed this maybe a day or two earlier, I'dve been able to fix it in time to have the judges rip it apart. Now I'll never know that blissful agony.
Woe is me.

=Screenshots=
7b50b0d500869f0dc3da9433fcc25ab1.png

9a63843572cfe12dcb4a12063c1d2aba.png

=DOWNLOAD LINK=
https://themightypalm.itch.io/fast-quest

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there store you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
Would opening a topic with the tutorial be interesting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerrben91