Fast Travel Assistance

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by BreakerZero, Nov 11, 2019.

1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm looking for assistance with either Galv or Moghunter in terms of implementing fast travel. Currently I have two starter definitions set up for use with the former choice but when I go to activate the travel skill to which it's assigned it's completely blank aside from the screen tint and canceling restores the MP cost as it results in canceling the skill but otherwise I ain't got squat to show for it. The idea is to save previously visited locations for later reference instead of relying on checkpoints for the transport skill (so that you can go almost anywhere you've been in the past).

Any ideas?

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you have the master demo of or the demo of moghunter fast travel, you can check how its setted up.
    to activate a node in there is to use plugin command that will than show on the fast travel map.

there is also another nice plugin of travel (but not by categories like mog) is MapNodeTravel plugin by Mr. Trivel.
    There is a tiny mistake in the maptravel nod plugin though, because it say give a plugin command that on top
    and than calling the maptravel (or activate nodes) but the calling the maptravel scene is the last command to use.
    another thing not added to it, you cant call the scene or you get an error, there must be at least 1 node active at
    all times. Its a good one, but to make it way nice and locked before showing the part, you need to use events.

but there are tutorials on youtube as well how its used. but I recommend the Demo of MOG and check the folder
    and events used in that Demo.

Same thing for Galv, it has a Demo, check those out so you understand how its used.

3. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So far so good - I'm getting the Moghunter solution to work best, although I did have to restart the entire game as it's one of those plugins where I basically have to start with a clean slate. Only thing now is that when I select a destination it just fades out the audio, drops from the menu and.... nothing. It just sits there on a blue screen as that's my background color for this so it's a literal BSOD (meaning in-engine and not at the system level, just so we're clear).

To be fair, I'm naming everything right and have checked that my common event is not at fault - it's supposed to compare the source and destination map ID numbers as a verification that you selected a destination, and then refunds the mana charge on equality (which should only be happening if the process is canceled).

EDIT: I can put everything in a demo project if required; however, because of what happened with the Yanfly situation (and similar provisions related to some of the other assets) I'll have to do it in a separate package from the main project. This will have a rather adverse effect on the presentation, but due to the license change I don't have any choice in the matter without more extensive editing (but it's entirely possible that this may end up isolating a potential conflict as well). And besides, everything's still considered to be in development anyway.

EDIT 2: I also did my best to isolate and remove only the portions of the game content that are rights-protected by their developers and/or remittance provisions, but in the event that I accidentally removed a necessary asset (or even if I missed anything) then I would appreciate if you let me know once the debug build has been fully prepared.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Quick update on the status of the debug package. I have almost reached the point at which the transport skill currently unlocks (technically it's already available for the purpose of testing but it doesn't actually do anything until after you get surprised by the same slime troopers that set you up earlier in the morning on which everything basically goes to "you know what"). The only remaining provisions are to actually trigger the sequence, save the game at that point, write it into the plot (so that it's obvious as to how it works, as well as how it factors into what's going on) and ultimately finishing the first-time introduction (which currently only explains what I cut from the package and informs of the NDA condition) so that it doesn't have to be repeated with every single game session.

EDIT: The game package is now saved to the requisite point, and yet the problem is still unresolved. Once I figure out how I'm going to write the code to place a data file in the game package I'll zip it up and deliver for analysis.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019