Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK, this will likely become a plugin request, but just in case I missed an existing plugin, or there is a setting someplace for this, I'd like to be able to have an event move faster than a "6: X4 Faster" speed with a "5: Highest" frequency.

I was working on a scene and have things moving around at various speeds, but need one of them to move (even just a little) faster than this "highest setting" if possible.

This may be a hard limit of the engine, but something tells me it should be possible somehow.

I looked for, but failed to find a plugin that addresses this. So if anyone knows of either a trick or plugin to do this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone may have.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use something like this in a Script command:
JavaScript:
$gameMap.event(12).setMoveSpeed(6.1);
I.e. "set map event 12's move speed equal to 6.1".

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is not a hard limit of the engine, I extended it as a part of JABS without too much issue. I can say with certainty though, that going higher than the defaults do get pretty ridiculous (example: 6 is the highest, but if you set it to 7, you'd literally be going twice as fast as 6).

However, having custom movespeed has its benefits in the sense that you can do stuff like decimal movespeeds which give greater finegrained control (as depicted above).

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use something like this in a Script command:
JavaScript:
$gameMap.event(12).setMoveSpeed(6.1);
I.e. "set map event 12's move speed equal to 6.1".
Thank you very much!

That's exactly what I was looking for.

I wish java syntax didn't break my brain. I'll get over it eventually, I just have a ton of ancient programming syntax to unlearn...
It is not a hard limit of the engine, I extended it as a part of JABS without too much issue. I can say with certainty though, that going higher than the defaults do get pretty ridiculous (example: 6 is the highest, but if you set it to 7, you'd literally be going twice as fast as 6).

However, having custom movespeed has its benefits in the sense that you can do stuff like decimal movespeeds which give greater finegrained control (as depicted above).

Thanks for the tip about 7 being twice 6! I may have started there because the others all change in increments.

Will definitely be using decimals.

I guess this can be marked Solved!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rodak keep in mind, MV/MZ dont use Java, but JavaScript (js).
java is a compleet different language, dont mix the 2 of those,
even though, javascript starts with java, but its different.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Rodak keep in mind, MV/MZ dont use Java, but JavaScript (js).
java is a compleet different language, dont mix the 2 of those,
even though, javascript starts with java, but its different.
Thanks!

I hate to say it, but it's the unlearning curve that's worse that the learning curve for me.

I'm getting better, but being stuck in my ways is becoming a problem since The Old Ways no longer apply to anything except the basicmost logic (which, I hope, will remain the same for a long time to come!)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

E7DsT3VXsAInVpu

working on my avatar, because i couldn't stand looking at it anymore :D
still not finished though...
alpacaraptors = love!
''Finds icons that fits the game you're making'' Only covers 20% of what you need :p
I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjchua