Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there,

since like a month ive got on mobile and pc the following bug:

whenever a actor hit an enemy critical or whenever an actor/enemy absorbs damage the game lags. the fps drops like to 1 to 10 frames. the fps drop down is more hard when an absorb appears.

but if i hold the OKE button the game runs smooth without any problems. im little desperated to fix this.

ive updated all my plugins. since the bug appears. i also tried to deactivate plugins step by step to look whats the reason. but its seems like no plugin is causing this bc there was no improvement at all. i also cant remember that i installed a new plugin at the time the bug appears. i also do not change the plugin order. i mainly develop for android but the bug also appears on different devices (tested on galaxy note 10, chromebook spin 317, and galaxy tab 4) and on my pc.

outside of the battlescene there is NEVER a fps drop down.
i also read through the forums for hours and do not find anybody with the problem.

i hope anyone got an idea bout this.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you see this happen if you:
  1. Turn off all plugins in the Plugin Manager;
  2. Save your project to apply Plugin Manager changes;
  3. Then test (either battle-test or play-test from new game)?

xopy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. done - no changes
2. done - no changes
3. Does not matter if playtest, battletest or android deployment.

xopy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forgot to mention following:

I tried different plugins for a solution and when i use the YEP Fps Sync plugin there is no fps drops at all but whenever a crit or an absorb appears the game is slowing hardly down. means: the animation is played very smooth but really really slow.

also with yep fps sync: when i hold ok button in battle scene - everything runs smooth at 60 fps like before.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaoswt2: Strange! I'm not sure what the reason for it might be, but here are some more ideas:
  1. Do you see this behaviour in a new project? If not, try copying the following from your current project to the new project:
    • The data folder, i.e. all maps and database data.
    • Any custom image, audio, movie, font, etc resources you're using.
    This might help if your project's core scripts are corrupted for some reason.

2. Is your project folder somewhere with restricted access, e.g. Program Files? You could try moving it to another place, e.g. Desktop or My Documents, to see if that helps. :kaohi:

3. When testing on PC, if you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) do you see any unusual spikes (CPU, RAM, Disk) when the framerate falls? Not necessarily only from the game, e.g. some anti-malware apps have real-time script scanning.

4. Have you tried reinstalling RPG Maker MV? Maybe your current installation is broken in some way. Note that reinstalling will not affect any of your current projects, only new ones. You can repeat step 1 after reinstalling to see if it helped.

5. Restart your system, if you haven't already. You never know, it might help! :kaoblush:
Otherwise maybe someone else has some suggestions~

xopy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear Sir or Ma'm,

your solution number one brings an improvement for the windows deployment/battle test and play test. works like before.

android deployment still got the lags when crit/absorb, but its slightly better. also the fast forward when holding the OK button in battle scene still exists.

hope u got any ideas.

thanks for your time.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK, I looked at the core scripts and it seems "fast-forward in battle when holding OK (or shift or touch input)" is intentional. If you want to disable it, try saving this code as a .js file (copy into a text editor, Save As > File Type: All Files, Filename: whatever.js) and import it as a plugin:
JavaScript:
Window_BattleLog.prototype.isFastForward = function() {
    return false;
};

I'm not sure what might be causing framerate drops on crit/absorb, though. :kaoslp:

xopy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

thanks again for your time. i appreciate this alot! Another question:

Afair does fast forward double the update routine per frame - is there any posibillity to make this default in battle scene, also fast forward still working (auto) as fast forward even without inputting OK?

i tried a plugin for this tho but wont work. even if the auto fast forward plugin plays animation faster its still drop frames at crit/absorb and when i press ok the "real" fast forward do its thing.

so i guess its need a change in the core scripts?

also that would be the only choice for me at the moment to test my game apk properly until i find the reason for crit/absorb lags.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You need to save your project after making changes in the Plugin Manager, otherwise those changes will not be seen during play. If you did that then I don't know what's happening. :kaoswt2:

As I said, I don't know why the crit/absorb frame drop is happening... :kaoslp:

What you are seeing might not be the fast-forward thing, it's just one aspect I found that triggers when you hold the OK button...
  • It looks like the battle's fast-forward just makes all wait times elapse three times faster.
  • By contrast, the map's fast-forward (hold OK while event is running) doubles the map update rate.

A plugin causes "a change in the core scripts"; all core script changes can be done with plugins. :kaohi:

xopy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i guess u dont get what i mean bc my english is bad. i am sorry.

i mean:

Is there a way to have the Battle Scene fast forward active by default?

So that it is active by itself without touching the screen or pressing the OK button?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, if you want it always active, replace the false with true:
JavaScript:
    return true;
};

(Don't worry about your English, I just misread what you wrote. :kaoslp:)

xopy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, if you want it always active, replace the false with true:
JavaScript:
    return true;
};

(Don't worry about your English, I just misread what you wrote. :kaoslp:)

I thank you again for your time and help. I appreciate it so much.

I wish you a blessed Christmas, if you celebrate Christmas :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nibas0001