Faulty Default Characters?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by FergardStratoavis, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FergardStratoavis

FergardStratoavis Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Good day. I'm writing due to a problem with a couple of base character models. For whatever reason, they go completely out of whack with no rhyme and reason to it, and i'm unsure what the problem might be.

Currently I'm having two examples: Rogue model (blue hair dude from Evil) turns into a damaged Bandit model after a fight and the assorted switches have been turned on; and an Ogre model that turns into a Demon model (incidentally, it seems like Big Monster models have no capability of turning around for some reason?) when it's simply supposed to be angry (via Anger balloon). I'm 100% sure that I did not accidentally mix up the models in neither of these examples, and so I'm wondering if there exists some explanation and/or fix to make sure things don't turn into different things at the drop of a hat.

Much thanks for help. c:

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Do you, by any means, mean "sprite" when talking about "model"? If that is the case that happens because certain sprite-sheets only have the stepping animation for characters and different directions (rows in the file) have different appearance. If you the event turns toward a certain direction, then the sprite changes.

I cannot say for sure if this is your problem; if it is you have to commission someone to create those sprites for you (or create them yourself).

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you're talking about the big monster sprites, then those were never intended to enable direction change and you need to prevent them from doing that by checking direction fix on the event.

there are a number of other sprites where several different single-directional sprites were combined into one full sprite and those will all require direction fix to prevent direction changes.