Favorite "Breath of Fire" & Why?

hawtrajpoot

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
IGM
I really do love Breath of Fire III, but Breath of Fire IV holds a special place in my heart and I love so many things about it that puts it over the edge of Breath of Fire III. offshorededi hightechreviewer nonstoptechno

Last edited:

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Breath of Fire IV for the graphics, gameplay, and story. I remember it was released during the end of the PSX era.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BoF 4 - story and the skill learning/combo system

only thing stopping 3 from being my favorite was its mentor system giving ur characters weaknesses

BENI_MARU

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fou-lu secured BOF4 as my favorite. And Lord Yuna - what a character! The scene with him and mina is still so powerful after all this time.

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Breath of fire 3 is my favorite because it has everything! and there aren't many games in which the main character grows! that feeling of looking at the world several years later and finding out what the rest of the characters have been doing is an amazing plot that keeps you wanting to know more about the story.

breath of fire 4 is really good in a different way. it has a great battle system and very enjoyable characters with a touching story (except Cray, his story is meaningless) and the plt in which the 2 stories get entangled. breath of fire 1 and 2 were ok but time has hit them hard, very simple plotlines just like most games of that era. everything else is trash

User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2 because it was really sold me on the series. I had played the first game, but I wasn't terribly to impressed with it. I gave the second one a shot more on a whim than anything and I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed it. It was a big improvement over the first game all around.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
3: likable characters,fun mechanics, and a great story.

I do have a special connection to 2, but that's through my brother and 2 is his favorite.

Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My favorite Breath of Fire game must become number 2 because of Katt. She become my first character from any game that were (in later) years as a furry.
I simply love cat girls in general because i play as one in both FFXI and FFXIV. =^_^=

Oh, i forgot to mention: With all Capcoms all collections of games lately it would be awesome to see a Breath of Fire collection game. :D

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe III was my favorite, but I recall enjoying II as well. These may have been the only ones I played. I was a HUGE Suikoden fan, and these games had a similar feel and flow to them. Honestly feel like you don't see games this great anymore. Might be a generational thing, but I'm just not sure.

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Breath of Fire 4 was the best of the series. It has amazing music and an amazing atmosphere. I also liked the themes and characters.
Many people didn't like BoF 5, but I found it interesting. And I'll never forget beating it without restarting, I had my dragon level at 99,4% before winning the final boss. That meter was so ******* stressful.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanerefusal