Brillenpinguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone!

Inspired by a different thread, I thought it might be interesting to open up a topic of simulare nature, but with a different intent.

I'm asking you to introduce us to your personal favorite characters from any media, that fits under the LGBTQ+ umbrella!

Explain why you like this character and if you would recomment the piece of media to LGBTQ+ fellas.

Please be respectful towards each other, I know to some people this is a very risky topic. But this thread shouldn't be about that, it's about celebrating characters we love for the way that they are!
Thank you and have fun!

~Jassy, the penguin

trouble time

Victorious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Probably Korra from well The Legend of Korra, it's kinda only revealed in the last moment, but if she counts it's definitely Korra. I enjoied her immensely as a protagonist, even more than Aang in the original show.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Willow! 

I'm a total nut for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Willow was always one of my favorite characters. I really love her story arc of being this brainy and timid young woman, and ending the show as a completely powerful and badass witch; who remains still extremely adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Olivier from The Legends of Heroes: Tales in the Sky!!

I love the game and he is easily my favorite character from that game, if not ever! He's just super funny and even pretends to be a traveling musician! I also love the fact that he is extremely carefree and often says peculiar things and is pretty much the coolest character ever! He also has the highest Magical Attack which is a bonus!  :D   BD   :D

C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This guy:

Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper from Dorne. Game of Thrones.

1411732_1409157035799_full.jpg

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well C.W. mentioned one of mine, Oberyn is awesome. Let's see who else:

-Fang and Vanille from FF 13 have many moments of an implied lesbian relationship. I think it really adds to their characters and the story of the game when its viewed in this way anyway.

-Berdine in the Sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind.

-Kanji and Naoto in Persona 4 both have moments were there sexuality or Gender is put into question but it takes nothing away from there characters.

-Subaru Kujo in Sakura Wars: So long my love. Nothing is ever confirmed about the character but she/he dresses as a boy and looks potentially male or female. Following the love route with Subaru points out that the characters gender and sexuality don't matter to them and shouldn't matter as long as what they feel between each other is love.

-Then you have characters in the dragon age games. Granted emphasize isn't really placed on it outside of the romance segments. My favorite would be Isabella though.

I'm sure I could come up with more if I gave it more thought but I'll stop here and let others chime in.

trouble time

Victorious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, that reminds me, I forgot Yousuke, apparently some cut content suggests he could have been a romancable social link, and he's honestly my favorie character in Persona 4, and honestly he, Kanji, and Chie were the only party members I liked at all (though Yukiko was really useful so I put her in my party instead of Kanji).

ShadowKing

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
-Undyne from Undertale

-Zevran from Dragon Age: Origins

-Jeanette Voerman from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Brillenpinguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Persona 4 is really interesting - to be honest the only reason I ever heard of the game was because of Kanji and Naoto. Sadly I never had the oppurtunity to play it.

@CW: I didn't know GoT had gay characters. Huh O_O

@Vox: I think the only character in the DA universe who's sexuality has any bigger inpact of the story of DA:I could be considerded Empress Celene (but then again, that isn't really covered in the games but in the novels), and Dorian, though his personal quest is technically optional, but it helps to paint a clearer picture of Tevinter's society.

I forgot to add my own favorites! Here it goes:

- I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Age francise and played all three main games. While the series is known to have a wide variety of queer characters, my personal favorites are Zevran (bisexual), Fenris (bisexual), Iron Bull (pansexual), Dorian (gay), Briala (lesbian) and Krem (trans, ftm)

- While I'm not a big fan of the genre, I tried to play a bit of Saint Row 4 and actually enjoyed it a lot - partly because of Matt Miller (bisexual).

- Korra and Asami from Avatar: The Legend of Korra (both bisexual) are very important to me as well.

- Another very important character to me is Deadpool, who has been hinted to be omnisexual at various moments during his comics, as well as by the writers of his series.

- And last but not least, Undyne and Alphys from Undertale

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Constantine from Hellblazer

Bisexual men are ridiculously underrepresented in all media, and he is also just an interesting character anyway. I also enjoyed that it was never a major part of his character, he just was, it didn't define him and was treated as just a normal thing.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jann Walker from Valkyria Chronicles
tpLvwhC.png

"Come on out and fight like a man, Honey!"

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would've probably gone with Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but someone has already mentioned her and given decent overview of why I think she's awesome. Her character development throughout the series is a really good example of a character growing in reaction to the situations they find themselves in, especially the story arc that revolves around her losing her long-term partner.

I'm also liking that someone mentioned Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines because I absolutely adore that game, even though I have to admit that the LGBT aspects of Jeanette Voerman's character aren't the first thing that come to mind when I think about her. I don't want to spoil too much about the character for those who haven't played the game because the story arc that revolves around her and her sister is one of the best story arcs in the entire game, but those who have played the game will probably understand why other aspects of her character come to mind before the LGBT stuff. Not that I don't think she should be mentioned in this thread because she's undoubtedly bisexual and undoubtedly a very complex and interesting character!

SkullCandyy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Easily Korra - who I love with all my heart <3

Also, I don't know if this counts, but also Pervy Sage from Naruto - like that guy had a strange attraction to Naruto when he was using his 'special move' ;)

FM77

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lightning!

DRESS - Cotton Dress - Cotton-woven dress - Satin Dress - Dress amde of satin - Silk Dress - Dress made of silkWIG - Wig - Wig made from messed up hair - Dyed Wig - A dyed wig - Blonde Wig - A blonde wigCOLOGNE - Cologne - Cheap perfume - Flower Cologne - Flower scented perfume - Sexy Cologne - Perfume that amorously arousesTIARA - Glass Tiara - A glass tiara - Ruby Tiara - A ruby tiara - Diamond Tiara - A diamond tiaraUNDERGARMENT - Lingerie - Perfumed underwear - Bikini Briefs - Tight-fitting briefsDon : "You sure do know how to make a guy feel good!"
"Then, wh... what do you want to DO?"
----> Whatever YOU want, daddy
        Don't really care......

"Oh man! I can't stand it! All right then......"
"Give me a kiss!! A KISS!!
---> All right......
       Nope, can't do that......

(Cloud's goes in...)

Someone: "Ju---st a minute!!"

[Tifa & Aeris breaks through the door]

Don : "Wha... what the $#@%? Who goes there!?"

Tifa : "Cloud..."
"Were you really......"

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The gay/bi companions from the Dragon Age series are usually pretty awesome, Dorian from Inquisition especially. I enjoyed the side quest involving him and his father that came about when you romanced him. Iron Bull is great, too, though I can't say too much as I didn't really get involved with him.

On television, I loved Max from Happy Endings, a show that sadly got cancelled after a few seasons. They took everything stereotypical about gay men and turned it on its head to create Max, and it was fantastic.

littleyuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mine would be Freddie Mercury.

Ellen page is a close second!

Brillenpinguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@littleyuri: uh, to my understanding, those are real people XD;
This thread is about characters, but it's cool to know that you admire people of the LGBTQ+ spectrum as well :)

littleyuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, sorry :c I thought of real life media as well, lol.

From the top of my head, would be Ellie from The Last of Us. It just makes sense for the world she's in. She grew up in a world with people that didn't tell her what to do and you can't blame her for it. I like her a lot because of how tough she is. Would recommend the game 10/10.

If mangas are included, then the MC's for Aoi Hana, (Sweet Blue Flowers). They are just so fleshed out, it's amazing how the author did that. Would recommend for a bittersweet, but enjoyable read.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Captain Jack Harkness and Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennant's doctors (although the doctor was more implied, while Captain Jack explicit). Even the world's biggest homophobe would be touched by the final episode of Torchwood.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xtvback