Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
They do not seem to be that popular around here, but they are some of my favorite video games of all time. I have a special place in my heart for Master of Monsters on the Sega Genesis. It was a tactical RPG that I grew up with. You get to summon all these different monsters, including different types of dragons, minotaurs, serpents, lizards, Giants, Etc. If these monsters kill enough enemies, they get to evolve into a stronger monsters, a concept that this game did well before Pokemon.

I also find myself going back and playing Digimon story cyber sleuth hackers memory. While that game has its issues, it's become one of my favorite PS4 games. I bought it on sale for 15 bucks and pumped over a hundred hours into the game

Mystic_Enigma

A shadow keeping itself together...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not a Monster Collecting game, but a feature in an online game called Moshi Monsters that I used to play once upon a time. In it was a feature where you could collect these small bizarre creatures called Moshlings.

You would plant flowers and stuff in your home Garden to attract them. If you had a valid combination of fully-grown flowers, a new Moshling would show up and you can adopt them as Pets for your Monster! They don't do much besides for bragging rights, but clicking on them in their house makes them do a silly animation! It's a simple thing, but was still enjoyable!

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I enjoyed the first Ni No Kuni and Persona 5 Royal. I also liked World of Final Fantasy.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I haven't played a lot of different ones, so I have to go with Pokémon Sapphire and Yokai Watch.

MetalGearPearl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not a Monster Collecting game, but a feature in an online game called Moshi Monsters that I used to play once upon a time. In it was a feature where you could collect these small bizarre creatures called Moshlings.

You would plant flowers and stuff in your home Garden to attract them. If you had a valid combination of fully-grown flowers, a new Moshling would show up and you can adopt them as Pets for your Monster! They don't do much besides for bragging rights, but clicking on them in their house makes them do a silly animation! It's a simple thing, but was still enjoyable!
My favorite monster collecting franchise is Yo-kai Watch, I recommend it

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
My favorite monster collecting franchise is Yo-kai Watch, I recommend it
Honestly, the monster designs ruin it for me. Most of them look like they're suffering from mental damage or they just have really stupid ideas in general. Even the better designs are kinda meh.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 5, Persona 4, and SMT III: Nocturne have been my favorites so far.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Oh man, how could I possibly forget about Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD. I still have not beaten that game, but I find myself constantly going back to that game, and it really is a blast to play. It's an action RPG with a monster collecting feature, and a lot of the monsters are pretty awesome.

Drake616

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Pokemon just strikes a chord with me with how it works, nothing else really hit it as hard yet.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shin megami tensei and it's spin off persona... Pretty much everyone of them. My son loves Pokémon tho xD

rollerbelchen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nexomon including Extinction, the Siralim games, Monster Sanctuary, even Rune Factory has some kind of monster collecting! And I love those games. Oh and Monster Harvest is pretty awesome too.
Also thanks for remind me of KH: DDD - now I want to play it again XD"

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nothing better than some Pokemon Gold/Silver, playing on a Gameboy Color with the worm light attachment playing in the night trying not to get caught.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sousou123232