Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
They do not seem to be that popular around here, but they are some of my favorite video games of all time. I have a special place in my heart for Master of Monsters on the Sega Genesis. It was a tactical RPG that I grew up with. You get to summon all these different monsters, including different types of dragons, minotaurs, serpents, lizards, Giants, Etc. If these monsters kill enough enemies, they get to evolve into a stronger monsters, a concept that this game did well before Pokemon.

I also find myself going back and playing Digimon story cyber sleuth hackers memory. While that game has its issues, it's become one of my favorite PS4 games. I bought it on sale for 15 bucks and pumped over a hundred hours into the game

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not a Monster Collecting game, but a feature in an online game called Moshi Monsters that I used to play once upon a time. In it was a feature where you could collect these small bizarre creatures called Moshlings.

You would plant flowers and stuff in your home Garden to attract them. If you had a valid combination of fully-grown flowers, a new Moshling would show up and you can adopt them as Pets for your Monster! They don't do much besides for bragging rights, but clicking on them in their house makes them do a silly animation! It's a simple thing, but was still enjoyable!

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I enjoyed the first Ni No Kuni and Persona 5 Royal. I also liked World of Final Fantasy.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I haven't played a lot of different ones, so I have to go with Pokémon Sapphire and Yokai Watch.

MetalGearPearl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not a Monster Collecting game, but a feature in an online game called Moshi Monsters that I used to play once upon a time. In it was a feature where you could collect these small bizarre creatures called Moshlings.

You would plant flowers and stuff in your home Garden to attract them. If you had a valid combination of fully-grown flowers, a new Moshling would show up and you can adopt them as Pets for your Monster! They don't do much besides for bragging rights, but clicking on them in their house makes them do a silly animation! It's a simple thing, but was still enjoyable!
My favorite monster collecting franchise is Yo-kai Watch, I recommend it

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
My favorite monster collecting franchise is Yo-kai Watch, I recommend it
Honestly, the monster designs ruin it for me. Most of them look like they're suffering from mental damage or they just have really stupid ideas in general. Even the better designs are kinda meh.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 5, Persona 4, and SMT III: Nocturne have been my favorites so far.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Oh man, how could I possibly forget about Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD. I still have not beaten that game, but I find myself constantly going back to that game, and it really is a blast to play. It's an action RPG with a monster collecting feature, and a lot of the monsters are pretty awesome.

Drake616

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Pokemon just strikes a chord with me with how it works, nothing else really hit it as hard yet.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Shin megami tensei and it's spin off persona... Pretty much everyone of them. My son loves Pokémon tho xD

rollerbelchen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nexomon including Extinction, the Siralim games, Monster Sanctuary, even Rune Factory has some kind of monster collecting! And I love those games. Oh and Monster Harvest is pretty awesome too.
Also thanks for remind me of KH: DDD - now I want to play it again XD"

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nothing better than some Pokemon Gold/Silver, playing on a Gameboy Color with the worm light attachment playing in the night trying not to get caught.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any of the SMT games, Pokémon, and the Dragon Quest Monsters series. I find a lot of people don't bring up that last one often.

SchmurrProd

New Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh man, how could I possibly forget about Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD. I still have not beaten that game, but I find myself constantly going back to that game, and it really is a blast to play. It's an action RPG with a monster collecting feature, and a lot of the monsters are pretty awesome.
Wait wait wait what?
DDD HD? Where?

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait wait wait what?
DDD HD? Where?
It's a part of the 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue collection. It should also be in the All in One collection too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Dream Eaters because you absolutely have to put the effort in to unlock their ability panels in order for Sora and Riku to pick up valuable abilities. I mean, you technically don't have to, but if you want specific abilities, you need to make the right Dream Eater and, iirc, have them as your active DE. Just a tad restricting.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It's a part of the 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue collection. It should also be in the All in One collection too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Dream Eaters because you absolutely have to put the effort in to unlock their ability panels in order for Sora and Riku to pick up valuable abilities. I mean, you technically don't have to, but if you want specific abilities, you need to make the right Dream Eater and, iirc, have them as your active DE. Just a tad restricting.
One thing that I do find it odd is that the game was originally a 3DS game oh, and it had minigames that required the touchscreen. On the PlayStation 4 version, you have to use that weird pad between the Share and Options button like a touch screen. It is very counterintuitive.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing that I do find it odd is that the game was originally a 3DS game oh, and it had minigames that required the touchscreen. On the PlayStation 4 version, you have to use that weird pad between the Share and Options button like a touch screen. It is very counterintuitive.
The minigames are the primary way of grinding up the AP on your Dream Eaters. I can't say I recall having to use the touch pad being difficult, but it has been a while since I've played DDD.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobcreator12