3. MegaMan II
  4. Double Dragon III (great 2p)
  5. DuckTales
  6. Tetris (great 2p)
  7. Journey to Silious
  8. Volleyball (great 2p)
  9. Metal Storm
  10. Mr. Gimmick
Usually platformers or good 2P games were welcome.

EpicGamingGodYT

Level 4 Paladin
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
no particular order but
Zelda II
Contra
SMB3
Metroid
Mega Man 3
Tetris
Double Dragon
FF1

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly I know it's super basic of me but the one NES game I've beaten over and over is the original Legend of Zelda. I even powered through Adventure of Link back in the day.
Though of course the first Dragon Warrior (Quest) was a great game that I could grind through for fun.

Shikamon

The Dragonslayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Don't have NES but I play at my cousin's house. We were only played 2 players games so we can play together., so my fave games are:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Contra ( always use the cheat :D :D )
3. Double Dragons
4. Battle Tank

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I meant Zelda II is probably the less loved NES game, usually.
I see more people mentioning how the game is disliked more than actual distaste for the game.

It's easily one of the best action RPGs on the console, IMO. Tons of action combat systems have aged worse. Once you get a hang of Zelda 2's combat, it's actually pretty satisfying, and the only part I found downright unfair was the route to the last dungeon.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see more people mentioning how the game is disliked more than actual distaste for the game.

It's easily one of the best action RPGs on the console, IMO. Tons of action combat systems have aged worse. Once you get a hang of Zelda 2's combat, it's actually pretty satisfying, and the only part I found downright unfair was the route to the last dungeon.
I can't surely debate on personal tastes, but as action RPG you can't ignore Castlevania II, Saiyuki or Gargoyle Quest II.
Zelda II was probably stuffed of ideas ahead of actual possibilites: there are a lot of contact box issues, lacking of frames (those bouncing rats... city inhabitants... dungeon tiles...) and structure problems - that probably only Konami and Sunsoft solved in the later years.
That's probably why the game figure out in various "worst NES games" lists (and mine too).
As said, tastes are tastes and as long as you have fun with a game, that game is a winner for you :).

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I've discovered that I'm not especially fond of NES besides nostalgia. Yeah that makes no sense. But considering that I grew up playing NES, the usual opinion of the console being one of the best ever, and whatever, I don't feel much enthusiasm, I feel the same as Genesis, a console I only care because of Phantasy Star 4 and Shinning Force 1-2.

But here is a non-exhaustive list in no particular order of games I like.

Final Fantasy 1-2-3
Hoshi wo Miru Hito (I like kusoge)
Contra
Tetris
Heavy Barrel
Punch Out
Life Force

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not my favorite but I like it a lot and I think it should appear on this thread:

Gunsmoke

Featherbrain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Legend of Zelda is my favorite, no contest. Also fond memories of Battle of Olympus, Spy vs Spy, California Games, Super Dodgeball, Ghosts N' Goblins, Excitebike, Duck Hunt, and Skate or Die.

Enbara

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Once you get a hang of Zelda 2's combat, it's actually pretty satisfying, and the only part I found downright unfair was the route to the last dungeon.
I don't actually remember the trip there being hard so much as long... then again, the last boss took me months to beat because I could only stand to make the run once a day. Added up to a lot of practice at that part :p The trip to get the hammer is far worse for how much earlier in the game it is (and I got stuck before that too, because of the NPC you have to find on some random forest tile before you can cross the river...)

It is a good game that I feel suffers a bit because of how ambitious it is for its era. I suppose it is a poor Zelda game because it doesn't feel like anything else in the series. If it were its own thing I think it would have gone on to spawn sequels with similar gameplay.

fstar9688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to Join:
1. Contra
2. Megaman
3. Super Mario Bros (Ofcourse)
4 Ice Climbers
5 Final Fantasy 1
6. Ninja gaiden
7. Castlevania

:LZSlol: :LZSlol: :LZSlol:

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Super Mario Bros 3
Duck Hunt (mostly because that light gun thing was pretty cool)
Gradius (I preferred it on SNES with Gradius III though)

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Final Fantasy 1
Destiny of an Emperor
Dragon Warrior 2

And though I never finished them, Zelda 2, Golgo 13 and Friday the 13th will always have a special place in my memories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanzational