Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you used a quest script in your game?

IF SO

what script(s) did you use?

IF MULTIPLE

which of the scripts that you used in your game was your favorite?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope. I think scripts for making quests are pointless, unless they can somehow display quest title, description and potential rewards, like Yanfly's Quest Journal, but - shame to say - I don't know how to use it properly. Personally I prefer use plain events for making quests with 3 pages (or 5 or more for more complex quests) of events: #1 introduction for quest, #2 Conditional branch for checking whetter quest is complete or not. #3 Conclusion of quest (reward, say bye with NPC and main protagonists), #4 completed quest, #5 failed quest.

Last edited:

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope. I think scripts for making quests are pointless, unless they can somehow display quest title, description and potential rewards, like Yanfly's Quest Journal, but - shame to say - I don't know how to use it properly. Personally I prefer use plain events for making quests with 3 pages (or 5 or more for more complex quests) of events: #1 introduction for quest, #2 Conditional branch for checking whetter quest is complete or not. #3 Conclusion of quest (reward, say bye with NPC and main protagonists), #4 completed quest, #5 failed quest.
Thats what Im concidering for myself is the quest board approach. Im looking for a way to provide the player with extra fetch/slay quests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k