Favorite RPG Character

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sheena from Tales of Symphonia - Shes a fairly hot headed character who was pretty much left with the Moral decision to cause the declining world "Sylvarant" to continue declining in order to preserve her entire world "Tetheala", Cracking storylines to along with her past.

GemFall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe I have stumbled upon 3 characters off the top of my head that would be my favorites.

Selan(Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals): Defeating most every trope about a female party member in the 90s, Selan is a favorite. Not only is she not a damsel in distress, she's the commander of a royal army. She is chilling, perhaps even cold at first to the party... to an almost impractical, but strong standard. Just as quickly, her character evolves and she learns to trust more through one HUGE plotpoint in that game(I won't spoil it), and she opens up to the entire party with the same amount of strength and dedication.

Rutee Katrea(Tales of Destiny): What a 1-2 punch. Or rather, woman and Swordian. You meet Rutee as claiming to simply be a thief, only into it for her own sake, etc. What you don't know, is that she is helping people out with their lives, and that not all is what it seems with her(especially not her backstory). Her dialogue is absolutely entertaining, and it's always refreshing to see a female character that can hold their own. Atwight also provides a nice balance to the duo, playing the straight woman to Rutee's "charm" with dry and wry remarks.

Terra Branford(Final Fantasy III/VI): I believe Terra is my favorite character from the list. In early FF games, I felt like female characters kinda took a backseat at times, but the ones that were developed shined so much. Prior to this in the US, we had at least Rydia of FFIV, but not yet Reina and her sister in FFV. FFVI was the first time that I had seen a female show up as my first party member as a child. It was a huge impact. I couldn't put the game down. The crowning moment- Terra learning to feel all over again. Not understanding why she had magic, not getting so much. Then, we hit the second half of the game after a dramatic transformation, to find her caring for numerous orphaned children and truly finding her human side ironically via the full release of the esper one. She is the battle from earlier in that game's plot coming to an end, simply because the two parties involved had unified into one woman with the strength to hold up many.

Last edited by a moderator:

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
How has no-one mentioned Tellah yet?! That kooky old sage who gave us the famous line. Ahhh, how you were missed when you blew yourself to pieces casting Meteor.

Also, Kefka is pretty bad-ass. His laugh still sends shivers down my spine. The only guy I think has a laugh worse then Keffy is Sinistar!

Although, I hear SInistar is a fan of Ron Howard... go figure.

Quadocky

Elbow Greaser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In no particular order

• Sylvester "Sly" Boots from Anachronox.

Reason: He is an obviously flawed character that gets put into dangerous situations while chasing the all mighty dollar. His selfishness is illustrated beautifully in the narrative.

• Virgil from Arcanum

Reason: Faithful, conflicted, useful. This guy has it all. Though it may be a bit unfair as he is practically tied to the main quest, but I cannot imagine the game without him. His best feature is that he is as dynamic as the rest of the game.

• Cassidy from Fallout 2

Reason: Even though he does not have voice acting, he has the most to say of any character that joins you. Spouting off lines here and there, commenting on fellow party members, and the environment. He is also quite the tough old bird, able to take damage and dish it out.

• Niko from Arc Rise Fantasia

Reason: Older than the main character, uses a gun, hilarious voice in the English dub. Even though his plot was telegraphed due to budget constraints I felt that he was one of the most worthwhile characters.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
My favorites characters are from Persona 4 : Yosuke and Nanako.

Yosuke is the best pal ever. At the begining of the game, you really think that he is a "clown" (poor him) but he show early his true personality : supportive, funny, etc...

Nanako is just too sweet, that's so unfortunate that she is so young because she has the best personality if you compare her to the other girls in the game.

I can't wait for the Gold version of Persona 4, there will be more cut-scenes. I really like the friendship in this game, so rare in other games to feel a bond bewtween all the characters.

tpasmall

The Mauve Avenger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not having played many RPG's outside of final fantasy, I'd have to say it's probably a tie between Zidane, Locke and Cloud.

Monos51

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Francais
Primarily Uses
-Jensen in Lost Odyssey (my favorite Rpg). It's funny, and i like flirty side.

VinsmokeLuffy

The Chartocrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics): Ramza is humble, noble, and kind. He just tries to do the right thing by everyone. Its hard not to like him. Especially when he orders milk at a bar.
God, Touch, you're really good at connecting words together for humour. :lol:

___

Well, there's nothing really I can say. My favourite characters already been described. Ramza, Zidane, Kefka, Vashyron,..those are my favourite. ;) and there's more. I should mention them, but I'm kind of tired..

arcana23

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, there's nothing really I can say. My favourite characters already been described. Ramza, Zidane, Kefka, Vashyron,..those are my favourite. ;)
Ahh, yes, Kefka is actually quite the most memorable character of all! I remember a song I remixed of his and it still cracks me up today!

But I must say that Aeris/Aerith was also a most memorable character that theme still makes my heart tremble with sorrow!

VinsmokeLuffy

The Chartocrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahh, yes, Kefka is actually quite the most memorable character of all! I remember a song I remixed of his and it still cracks me up today!
He's one of the best badasses I've known so far. :lol:

But I must say that Aeris/Aerith was also a most memorable character that theme still makes my heart tremble with sorrow!
Now that you mentioned her, Zack Fair is also my favourite character. :rolleyes:

Radscythe

The Hachimata
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Favorite RPG character?

Oh man...there are too many.

Probably between Luke from TOA or Yuri from Shadow Hearts 1&2.

Although...I really liked Capell from Infinite Undiscovery too; see, hard.

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster
Reaction score
First Language
Logic
Primarily Uses
Link from Legend of Zelda! That's an RPG, right? Right?!

Katherine

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a big fan of Squall, from Final Fantasy VIII~

I don't know why exactly... I just like his interactions with the other characters and frequent facepalm moments. I especially loved him in Dissidia... I'm so mad they messed up his voice in the second game. >.>

I also love Valen Shadowbreath from Neverwinter Nights (I believe that's an RPG, not entirely sure though). Oh gosh, I just have a soft spot for protagonists that are emo/have a dark past. ^.^

Deekin the bard from Neverwinter Nights was another big, big favorite as well. I find him to be hilarious! :3

Ruby the Genie from Dark Cloud, Max from the second Dark Cloud, and Vaan from Final Fantasy XII are some other favorites, can't quite justify those ones though.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Link from Legend of Zelda! That's an RPG, right? Right?!
I really hope a flame war doesn't start over that comment...(thinks back to other forums and 16+ pages of arguments debating how it is and how it isn't)

NachtEinhorn

Defeatable of the East
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
-Haken Browning from SRWOG saga: Endless Frontier: a perfect example of a pervert womanizer with some skills.

-Brendan (main male character) from Pokemon's 3rd Generation Installment: i just love the way he use a sock for a hat.

-Milanor from Yggdra Union: a Badass with a Badass Axe, what can go wrong?

-Dinah from Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2: a tsun tsun split-persona summon! that's what i want!

... and many more i cant mention.

Hart Angel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
  • Vaan from FF XII, because he doesn't look like a main character.
  • Anna Lemouri (IIRC) from Mana Khemia: I don't know why but i like her so much.
  • Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia.
  • Sophia Esteed from Star Ocean Till the End of Time.
  • Vivi from FF IX, because he is so handsome.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
KUJAAAAA.

I love Kuja. He's such a handsome manipulative little guy, and his dialogue is just perfect and UNGHAAA. Also I like the kind of villain he is, very 'drunk on power/evil for the sake of evil', which is a quality I LOVE IN A VILLAIN.

I also LOVE SOLAIRE OF ASTORA from Dark Souls. Are there any Sunbros on here?!

VinsmokeLuffy

The Chartocrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love Kuja. He's such a handsome manipulative little guy, and his dialogue is just perfect and UNGHAAA. Also I like the kind of villain he is, very 'drunk on power/evil for the sake of evil', which is a quality I LOVE IN A VILLAIN.
But he's no match for Kefka IMO :p

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Agh this is true, I forgot all about him. Call it Kuja/Kefka for my favourites then.

Gwyn from Dark Souls is also very interesting. Actually, the lore behind a lot of the characters in that game is really interesting, it's not exactly handed to you on a plate and a lot of it is working it out on your own (which by the way is such a cool idea). The boss music for him is just...ghnagiudfiudfg. It's so sombre and by the end you just realise you're fighting an old man with no allies left ;_;

Whiterose

Editor Mapping Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hope Esthiem from FFXIII and XIII-2: I like this guy because in the first game he is insecure, shy, mish-mashed and lonely. In the second however, he is determined, strong willed, intelligent and a born leader. I also enjoy his character design in both games, its very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikenwyngx