ExtremeYandereWolfychu3

I am a kawaii interloper from another universe.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What are your favorite YouTube channels ? Who are your favorite YouTubers ? Also what about channels that do game reviews ? Share here. Mine are Ihazcupcake, the bike, Kizuna A.I., Wolfychu.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to sound like a [b-word here] but I find most "youtubers" to be obnoxious, insufferable attention-beggars. The only channels I really pay any attention to are: (in no particular order)
  • zefrank1 - Educational and funny at the same time.
  • Kurzgesagt - educational stuff about the world we live in, presented in an easy-to-understand way. And they cite sources.
  • PBS Space Time - Quantum physics and such, and it gets pretty heavy sometimes. Probably boring to like 99% of you. :D
Other than that, I just use youtube for music, older shows, and misc nonsense.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's mine in no particular order
  • Signal Music Studio - Music theory channel, easy to follow. I learned a lot from this channel
  • Terrible Writing Advice - Entertainment and somewhat educational
  • Sheet Music Boss - Entertainment, their music usually good
  • Shadiversity - Medieval time educational, although I rarely watch them now
  • Lindsey Stirling - Entertainment, music
  • Shady Cicada - Entertainment, Music (RPG)
  • SciShow - Short educational video. Something like "did you know?"
  • SciShow Space - Basically SciShow but space
  • It's Okay to be Smart - Basically Signal Music Studio but in science. Various science
  • Kurzgesagt - Educational video, various, and has a simple explanation and cute pics
  • TierZoo - Zoology mixed with a game element. Both educational and entertainment
  • The Science Asylum - Essenctic educational video. Mostly physics
  • minutephysics - Physics explained in simple animation
  • minuteEarth - same as minutephysic but earth
  • PBS Eons - Zoology explained in detail
  • Seeker (DNews/Discovery News) - News about science
  • Vsauce1/2/3 - My early youtube channel for science, although I haven't seen them around that much.

Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mine are:
AsmongoldTV, Blameitonjorge, Driftwood Gaming, Svampriket, Kevzter, keebabb, Totalbiscuit, miracleofsound, Babymetal and Level up Design to mention a few. I have tons of channels that i love and watch on and sometimes i even watch them when i am working on my RPG maker projects. : )

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I prefer podcast videos, streamers or comedy specials to listen to while I work on my projects or grind in a game, so the longer the video the better. But podcast videos can be a pain to listen to when multiple people keep talking over each other or just ramble off going off topic or not completing a sentence or thought.

One would think to listen to music to feel inspired while working or grinding but music tends to be repetitive in nature, while listening to people talking about something is more intellectually stimulating.

But I do watch some memers at least once a day. Anyway, here's my list:

Steven Crowder
Zeducation (Tyler Zed) & Zedcast
MxR Plays & MxR Plus
Lost Pause
Projekt Melody's Twitch Archive & Projekt Melody (Official Channel)
Ironmouse
Nyanners VODs
Matt Christiansen (Matt & Blonde Show)
UCanBeatVideoGames
Oatsngoats (Super Metroid Speedrunner)
Jonny Atma (GaMetal) [VG Music]
Dry Bar Comedy
Karl Jobst (Speedrunning Journalist)
Project Veritas
Drumsy
MeatCanyon

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't watch many Youtube channels, tbh -- the only one I really follow and watch all of his vids is John Wolfe. I love him because he plays horror games, but he's not like... an obnoxious screamer with exaggerated reactions or anything, he's very calm, with a great sense of humor, and I always look forward to hearing his thoughts at the end of games. He's got a lot of good insights.

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Gilstrap TV with his sharter-pranks always makes me laugh. Though lately I think he's been trying a bit too hard in his videos.

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PSA:
Youtube is a horrible distraction that prevents a lot of productivity. Try to stay away.
Youtube subscriptions can unintentionally say a lot about a person. (give people a bad read)
Viewing certain channels can drastically alter your recommendations and whatnot.

Anyway, here are some channels I spend way too much time viewing:

MauLer/MooLer (media critiques/EFAP community and humor/background listening as I work)
RedLetterMedia (media critiques/RLM humor)
Kruggsmash (Dwarf Fortress plays with original art and a certain style of storytelling)
u m a m i (animation/weird humor)
DigiLuxe Reacreational Video (animation/weird humor)
Drue Langlois (animation/weird humor)
TheraminTrees (meaningful thoughts on human interaction/psychology/religion/trauma/etc)

There are a few political commentators I watch that I will avoid posting as I don't think it is very relevant to this community as well as a few beer brewing channels. I could be wrong, but I doubt there are many brewers in this community. I also watch a lot of science stuff, but I'm really picky about it. As someone who has an extensive science background, I find very often that pop science channels get it wrong and present bad science or worse, present science from a political perspective instead of giving me raw data and information.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I mean, I'm not sure how my YouTube subs would say a lot of bad stuff about me since most of them are art channels, LOL. Though I guess if they got into a lot of drama or something, that might be a red flag.

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My PSA is mostly a self-reflection. Hahaha!

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PSA:
Youtube subscriptions can unintentionally say a lot about a person. (give people a bad read)

Counter-PSA: what content creators you watch doesn't really say anything more about you as a person then that you watched them, it is stupid to assume that everything one watches equals an endorsement of all ideas promoted in said content, or even tacit agreement. The stupid political rabbit hole argument really needs to die in a fire, all it has done is turn youtube into a legacy media rabbit hole where all of your recommendations end up being CNN, Fox news and mainstream pop artists and nonsense like that.

Diversity of thought should be championed, not stifled, yes there are stupid people with stupid opinions on the internet but in my opinion censoring and quarantining them largely just helps them grow and fester unchallenged whereas the mainstream promoted opinions can often be just as stupid and go equally unchallenged since they now seem to get priority over everything else. I disagree vehemently with a lot of the content creators I watch regularly, especially when it comes to social commentary but watch them anyway because at the very least I feel that there is value in understanding their actual perspective even if I believe that perspective to be completely irrational nonsense.

So anyway...I don't actually use youtube anymore because their algorithms have become terrible for finding new content and flood my recommendations with a whole bunch of stuff I have no interest in whatsoever, but most of the content creators I list below can probably be found there as well. Won't bother with links because obviously most people just use youtube still even though there are sites that are currently innovating where youtube stagnates.

Entertainment (well technically all of them are entertaining in some way, but this section focuses on entertainment for entertainment's sake):
TeamFourStar (make anime parodies. Hellsing and DBZ abridged are legit better than the canon imo)

AOK (adult parodies of shows for toddlers. Hit or miss, but oddly addicting)

Rucka Rucka Ali (probably banned from youtube honestly. Song parodies, but trigger warning if you have any triggers at all he will pull them, no one and no concept is safe from mockery and critique)

Terrible Writing Advice (entertaining and educational, probably actually a decent recommendation to budding game devs)

Extra Credits (they have some good old stuff, a lot of the recent stuff though...well its entertaining in a way, but I wouldn't recommend taking modern EC too seriously)

Entertainment Commentary:
Lack of Entertainment (slight Americentric sociopolitical commentary at times but from the perspective of a Romanian from outside looking in.)

Just Some Guy (just some guy)

Clownfish TV (former insiders in the animation industry that worked for a lot of big name companies including Disney)

Shady Doorags (way overanalyzes tv shows, it is interesting though. His King of the Hill commentary is what sucked me into it)

social commentary(not going to comment as much with these as either you are into it or you aren't and you can't really discuss said interest here in any case. They run the gambit of ideology and even nationality, if you could truly be judged by what you watch on the internet then I'm politically homeless because some of these channels absolutely hate each other and have actively denounced me as a bad person for watching their counterparts):
The Majority Report
Steven Crowder
Karlyn Borasenko
Tim Pool/Timcast/Subverse/Timcast IRL
ThoughtSlime
The Podcast of the Lotus Eaters
YoungRippa59
Actual Justice Warrior (among the most heavily and well-sourced commentary I've come across)
AwakenwithJP
Nate the Lawyer
Romanian TVee
LegalEagle (also a lot of entertainment commentary, like "real lawyer reacts to Better Call Saul")
Styxhexandhammer666 (ridiculous edgelord name, refreshingly direct realist commentary)
Viva Frei (actually wholesome and mostly family friendly social commentary from a Quebec lawyer)
Razorfist
We Are Change
ScathingTake
LOB (the logical old bag)

cooking:
The Hillbilly kitchen-down home country cooking (give it a chance if you are into cooking, there are some awesome recipes on there that range from quick and easy to complex)

Wilderness food (don't know that you'd ever replicate most of it but it is interesting

Spain on a fork
Traditonal dishes
SandiemakesSense
BingingwithBabesh
How to Drink (best bloody eggnog recipe I've ever tried)

Guns and such:
Langley outdoors academy (more a policy channel, but a good one)

Paul Harrel (if you are interested in or hate firearms either one you should watch this man. Everyone who uses, is thinking of ever using or despises firearms should all equally watch this man, his knowledge, wisdom and experience is a resource no matter where you come from and if more people involved with firearms paid attention to what he has to say there would be a lot less gun-involved tragedy in the world.)

Well crap, I wasted my whole morning on this nonsense, now I've got to go to work hungry.

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Counter-PSA: what content creators you watch doesn't really say anything more about you as a person then that you watched them, it is stupid to assume that everything one watches equals an endorsement of all ideas promoted in said content, or even tacit agreement. The stupid political rabbit hole argument really needs to die in a fire, all it has done is turn youtube into a legacy media rabbit hole where all of your recommendations end up being CNN, Fox news and mainstream pop artists and nonsense like that.
Oh I agree, which is why that all-important "unintentionally" was in the PSA. As an oldm'n, I can assure everyone that most people do make assumptions about you based on what you watch, whether or not they should or their impressions of you are true. Especially these days. I don't like it. I think we need to work against this trend. Nevertheless, it is a fact.

As you are probably very aware, many types of creators get mischaracterized into content or factions that aren't applicable, and valuing that content can effect relations with people you share completely unrelated interests with. So I kept some spicier stuff off my list.

The PSA was mostly me poking fun at myself. I call Youtube a waste of time and productivity, yet I'm still listing channels that I waste too much of my time on. :smile:

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
momasu, dad_feels

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I watch r/slash mostly to listen to some reddit stories while I do background work

MagnusZero who has insane megaman zero gameplay videos

Dirge, ssame as magnus zero but for megaman battle network

JoshStrifeHayes for worse mmo ever series

KiraTV for news on scams and crytommos

Gametal, awesome game music remixes

ToxicxEternity, same reason as gametal

Kokiremix, samenreason as ToxicxEternity

Scishow, Kurzgesat and Death Battle

HankB

Actual size
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like that channel that has that funny guy who says all those crazy things. He really cracks me up.

Skymin

Shadow Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These days I mainly just use Youtube for music or the occasional podcast that talks about recent events in the world since I don't feel like wasting hours waiting for the news to get to the point on TV.

Outside of that I sometimes watch ForneverWorld's videos as he's always the fastest and most entertaining guy when it comes to sharing anything anime/manga-related; saves me a lot of time since he uses several different sources and compiles all the info into 10 mins.

Gaijin Goombah Media - For interesting info about Yokai and just Japanese culture in general since far too many people aren't aware that even if you know Japanese, the culture itself tends to be distant towards foreigners to put it kindly.

Anyone else is either outside of Youtube, no longer active, or spiraled downhill (or at the very least became "controversial" over time) so it'll be for the best to not bother bringing them up.

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The youtube channels I like are:

Dead Meat (He does Kill counts for horror films with funny commentary)
Love2DrawManga and LavenderTowne are two art channels I enjoy.
Empressive (Music documentaries and gossip)
Hexitan and Dollightful (they are a doll customising channel that I enjoy watching)
Dominic Noble (I like his book reviews)
Echo607 (RPG Maker channel)
Chris Stuckman and Double Toasted (film reviews)
ManlyBadassHero (Let's player that focuses on horror indie games)
CinemaWins (I like his positive attitude and he talks about what he enjoys about films)

There's more but this list is getting pretty long lol

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Usually, I pop something on from YouTube to eat. Time for my four mealtime faves to shine. ;3

Nitro Rad (Gaming) - This well-named, chill lad covers 3D platformers, horror games and even famous RPG Maker games. I might have a crush on him. There's something just so laidback and fun about his reviews the majority of the time, like having a cozy, casual chat with a friend. And my word, he's a handsome one. <3

Skallagrim (Martial Arts) - The most viking of Canadians, he specializes in down-to-earth videos on pop culture depictions of medieval weapons. He specializes in HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts). He's been less ranty-ravy about how silly weapons can be in media since his earlier days, and has even defended some stranger designs here and there.

Tasting History with Max Miller (History, Food) - Deciphering and interpreting recipes and meals from across history the world over, Max makes the food and recounts surrounding history. Often with a bit of snark and dad jokes to boot. He has fun with picking Pokemon stuffed animals to put in the background too, and his husband has fun with the annotations. ;)

The Hipster Snek (Gaming) - A smaller channel, but a devoted one nevertheless! Snek does reviews of obscure and indie games, offers podcast chats among his circle of pals, and even does Let's Plays. I've been addicted to his videos ever since I found his channel last year. You'll probably find my comments on most of his uploads. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

spillycup wrote on Finnuval's profile.
i love u so much! i’m so happy you’re in my life right now :kaocry:
To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
Marquise* wrote on Mrs_Allykat's profile.
Your new logo is sooooo attractive! Feels like those sour liquid candy mixed with the wrapping of the popping candy rocks ones. ^^ It gives flavor and taste to our eyes. ^^
Sorry I couldn't comment before, I relogged here for someone's B-Day yesterday. ((Yeah yeah... been scared got on the throne and all as usual. Being social seems harder than walking now. So sorry to everyone and especially you.))
How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoffreighbigginshire